Underrated Band recommendations...

should of just made a thread called: "Name bands no one has ever heard of nor should take the time to try and get music from"

Sculptured is actually pretty underrated despite their big connection with Agalloch. They're pretty interesting and unique, so I guess everyone should go get The Spear of the Lily Is Aureoled and Apollo Ends.

Deny the Urge (death)
Legion of Darkness (black)
Wolfheitan (black)
Before God (death)
Forest of Impaled (black/death)
Anwyl (black/death Angelcorpse clone)
Inchiuvatu (black/folk)
Negator (black)
Necrophiliac (death)
Reincarnation (death)
Carnun Rising (death)
Hexenhammer (death)
Coram Lethe (death)

this thread is utterly pointless without people posting at least some sort of a description of the bands. At least post what genre they are, what they sound like and why they are so good.

Tvangeste - Think what would happen if you got the band Therion, the lead singer from cradle of filth, and two violinist together and formed a band. You get....Tvangeste.

(symphonic black metal)

Actually, Cradle of Filth is a black metal name, but they are not a black metal band. As for Tvangeste, they are much better than CoF, and I would actually describe their music as black metal. It's symphonic black metal, but isn't raw (I don't think symphonic bm should be raw). In fact, their music doesn't have that annoying saccharine quality that many other symphonic bm bands, such as Anorexia Nervosa or Sycronomica have.

Guess I will give an Australian band a plug for you guys overseas, check out Dark Order, they play some good thrash, if you like Testament you will probably lap up what they do.

Other then that, being a big doom metal fan I am going to need to mention Mael Mordha, not sure they are what you would call under-rated but they are not really known for much other than dressing up like like William Wallace... still they do some pretty stirring music if you give them a chance and dont just see them and label them another power metal band.

thats the only problem ive had with these types of threads, they suggest bands which is good but i can never find anything from them...