Underrated Thrash Bands?

Sepultura are highly underrated i think. everyone mentions anthrax etc, but it always seems people miss out sepultura. To me they were the BEST Thrash band to walk the earth (Schizo - Arise)
Agreed. But i still like them now. You must like some Chaos AD stuff, because it has some older thrash elements in it. They are still good live though with Derrick. They played loads of old stuff which was great, and it sounded awsome. Inner Self is the best live.

Definitely Agent Steel :ill: Maybe Testament although many great musicians have passed through the band, but i think Testament is great band:headbang: And...Overkill ? many people say to me that they are shitty band with poor ideas and performances, but Overkill are icons for me, no matter what other guys says

The most underrated thrash band in my opinin, has always been annihilator.

That goes with JW being a very underrated guitarist and songwriter. I mean, Skolnick was always rated pretty well, and I dont even have to touch James Murphy (legend) but you have to acknowledge the mastery of Jeff Waters.

Knight jumps fucking queen! Bitches!!

The most underrated thrash band in my opinin, has always been annihilator.

That goes with JW being a very underrated guitarist and songwriter. I mean, Skolnick was always rated pretty well, and I dont even have to touch James Murphy (legend) but you have to acknowledge the mastery of Jeff Waters.

Knight jumps fucking queen! Bitches!!

Totally agree. Especially "Alice in Hell", which I think is a cracking album.

definitely exodus, a tight as fuck live band, and creators of the best live album ever (another lesson in violence), not to mention one bunch of very nice chaps. i would also say sabbat, forbidden, vio-lence (eternal nightmare rips a new arsehole!), razor, hirax, heathen, sodom, destruction

I like the riffs and Waters' guitar playing, but the singing and lyrics are super corny.

Totally agree with you(once again), musically they are awesome and deserve some metallica comparisons but if you start listening to the actual singing it goes way down hill, and their lyrics are stupid

Got too fully agree about Annihilator. Have you seen/heard Jeff's lead on the Roadrunner United DVD??? Absolutely awesome. A couple of more bands - Voivod, Hobbs Angel of Death, Hirax and the German 3 (Sodom, Kreator and Destruction). These 3 get bugger all recognition in metal as a whole (but get a bit in the underground).

It's been said but Testament. Sure their known throughout the metal community but they should be on the same par as Slayer, Megadeth, or even Metallica. Overkill is a bit underrated to IMO but no where near as much as Testament.

Couldnt really get into Overkills singing, after 2 minutes I have to shut it off. Kreator is way underrated, they have released totally crushing material and never got the recognition for it

Sabbat.jpg