Underrated bands

Solitude Aeturnus is terribly underrated. Very good musicianship and some of the best clean vocals period. I am pretty sure they have struggled their entire career and have been around forever.

I thought Materia was kind of boring compared with Classica or Novembrine Waltz but Throes of Dawn sounds a lot like those two albums with a blackish touch. Get "Binding of the Spirits".

I have more:

Adagio. Excellent Neoclassical band that can reach the level of Symphony X and the like.

Grave Digger. Even many Power Metal fans do not seem to have heard of them.

And how about Drudkh? I don't know if they are popular or not among Black Metal fans, but I sure love their music, it sounds really 'pure' or 'natural'. And I do not know many who have heard of them.

Nagelfar kicks ass and their pretty underated(not to be confused with Sweden's Naglfar). I could be wrong and maybe a lot of people around here like them.

Katatonia is pretty underrated

Katatonia is pretty well-known, from what I see, but I don't know about elsewhere.

Anyways, I find Novembre and Chastisement to be pretty underrated. Two bands that more people should know, since they are ace in my opinion.

Katatonia is pretty well-known, from what I see, but I don't know about elsewhere.

Anyways, I find Novembre and Chastisement to be pretty underrated. Two bands that more people should know, since they are ace in my opinion.

Hardly anyone knows about Katatonia here except in the metal circles. Even then, I know people who listen to metal who have never heard Katatonia. I think they are underrated due to the fact that they aren't that huge yet.

Mors Principium Est
The Absence
Paths Of Possession
Deathchain

YES! absolutely. I love this band. Reminds me of The Crown during their Deathrace King era. Just balls out energy and aggression, amazing riffs too. They are one of the best modern embodiments of heavy fucking metal.

IMO there are way too many underrated bands to list. Some of these have more than likely already been mentioned, but some of my favorite underrated bands are:

Mourning Beloveth
Abyssic Hate
Legion of Darkness
Negator
Necrophiliac
Funeral Oration
Anwyl
Before God
Merrimack
Hegemon
Mjolnir
Frostkrieg