Underrated bands

one thing i think he was right on was KMFDM.Do you like them? not much ppl seem too.thats the only industrial metal band i can even stand

I have all their albums (From way back when I ripped essentially -everything- from a guy who hooked me up with his FTP. I like about 18 of their songs (at least that's how many I have left on the PC) but I'm not big on the genre as a whole, all I can say is that even here (New Zealand) they're a more recognizable name than Vital Remains or Vader or Nargaroth.

Eternity
Molested
Audiopain
Ohtar
Kvist
Cianide
Timeghoul
Iuvenes

Agreed.

Falkenbach
Sacrilegium (Pol)
Isvind
Throne of Ahaz
Sorhin
Arckanum
Branikald
Dark Tribe
Chaos Omen
Kyprian's Circle
Maniac Butcher
Mefisto
Disaffected
Crypt of Kerberos
Hellwitch
Belial
Cartilage

+ a whole slew of others I can't be bothered listing. Pointless thread, really.

Heathen - 2 amazing albums and still i meet people who haven't even heard of them
Ulysses Siren - Amazing stuff and still don't get much recognition
Norther - Pretty damn good and they still seem to live under the shadow of COB, same with Wintersun.
Bloodbath - I guess they get some recognition, but definately not the ammount they deserve, all thier albums are amazing

yes, melechesh is underrated. but i dont think they will stay that way.

and add hammers of misfortune
~gR~

Wrong thread.

Furthermore, last.fm is officially fucking gay for combining Darkness, the awesome German Thrash band, with The Darkness, the gay, faggy retro Led Zeppelin pop wannabe shit band.

Norther - Pretty damn good and they still seem to live under the shadow of COB, same with Wintersun.
Bloodbath - I guess they get some recognition, but definately not the ammount they deserve, all thier albums are amazing

just started listening to norther, very good band.

BB is a terrific band, but dont get the recognition they deserve.

word. I definitely prefer them to CoB. I'm actually sick of the handful of CoB songs I ever liked, but Norther still appeals. (Day of Redemption is just amazing)