Bands you feel are underrated

sorry, people have opinions. and I never said the actual poster had AIDS, just his post. the only reason I cry foul at TIACN is because he liberally uses the words 'jofa' and 'retard', like the people from Relapse. I'm tired of this. I came here to get away from those dickheads and people like them.

There's an ignore feature

So...I think Dawn Of Relic is overrated because they're a great band, but I've never seen them mentioned here before. Their album "Lovecraftian Dark" is very good imo.

Aborym IMO are the masters of industrial black metal, yet I hardly see them mentioned here. Is there no love for these crazy Italians?

Just curious, but what does industrial black metal sound like?

It comes in a wide variety. To sum it up, it's black metal mixed with electronic/industrial sounds, and often mechanical or techno-ish drumming. The sub-genre was founded by Mysticum in the early 90's, with Euronymous' personal approval.

It comes in a wide variety. To sum it up, it's black metal mixed with electronic/industrial sounds, and often mechanical or techno-ish drumming. The sub-genre was founded by Mysticum in the early 90's, with Euronymous' personal approval.
Thanks, sounds interesting to check out.

No. Not at all. Not in any way. That is not true.
Yes, their albums are constantly overlooked by those of Darkthrone, Emperor, Burzum, Immortal, and Mayhem, Satyr has got the best black metal rasp I've ever heard, they've consistently made great riffs and great songs in all of their albums, they deserve more recognition than they get.

I think Satyricon are over-rated in the sense that their later material gets much more unwarranted praise while their superior early material is ignored by the fans of the new material, while at the same time being overshadowed by the other Norwegian classics, as bluewizard argued. It's a double-whammy.

I think Satyricon are over-rated in the sense that their later material gets much more unwarranted praise while their superior early material is ignored by the fans of the new material, while at the same time being overshadowed by the other Norwegian classics, as bluewizard argued. It's a double-whammy.
The newer material isn't as respected as the older material, there's plenty of black metallers that believe Satyricon is nothing after Nemesis Divina.