Bands you feel are underrated

I think Satyricon are over-rated in the sense that their later material gets much more unwarranted praise while their superior early material is ignored by the fans of the new material, while at the same time being overshadowed by the other Norwegian classics, as bluewizard argued. It's a double-whammy.

One thing i might add is listening the the new music Satyricon is making i fear a Cradle Of Filth..

I'll throw a curve ball in here. I brought up Sulphur in another thread which made me want to spin Cursed Madness again. While listening to it this time I thought the same thing I did the last- how come no one ever talks about these guys? I think they have an awesome and somewhat unique sound. Reviews tout them as mediocre to good, but I think they're a little better than that. They really deserve more attention.

I wouldn't call them underrated, as many of the members here praise them as being the apex of black/viking metal.

Well I see plenty of kids masturbating to Darkthrone - FOAD and Burzum - Filosofem but I rarely see someone who praise Twilights of The God or Hammerheart.