Most overrated and underrated bands ever

Aces of spades is just as important as any black sabbath led zeppelin,etc.. or album in the history of music. Are you realizing when the album came out and what it did or was like.

I don't know why you are being so stupid about this.

I don't know if you're high or whatever, but had you ever thought that, like Maiden, they are just a very listenable band? I've liked pretty much everything Motorhead have released.

SheisMySin said:
lol - umm....yeah

I love how you start every other post with lol as if whatever you're responding to is so amusing it barely warrents you're attention. Esspecially in this case since you immediately go on point out that he was dead right about you being completely ignorant.

The Greys said:
Aces of spades is just as important as any black sabbath led zeppelin,etc.. or album in the history of music. Are you realizing when the album came out and what it did or was like.

I don't know why you are being so stupid about this.

Right fucking on man!:headbang:

BTW, go kill your ears with "Inferno" if you don't think Motorhead's putting out good albums still. It's just that fucks are too interested in keeping Maiden's "legacy" alive to bother noticing greatness like this...

No need to get hostile...

Here's the pattern for me:

Don't care for Ozzy, Priest, Sabbath, Zepplin, Motorhead, etc etc...

What do they all have in common?

They are old.

Pretty simple. I will totally give credit for important bands like those that broke boundries at the time...but they just sound old...not heavy...not aggressive. Just dated.

It's personal taste. If one can dislike a certain genre...why not dislike a certain era?

Scott

SheisMySin said:

They are old.

Pretty simple. I will totally give credit for important bands like those that broke boundries at the time...but they just sound old...not heavy...not aggressive. Just dated.

Scott

So what bands do you like?

Over-rated: Iron Maiden (current era :puke: )
Under-rated: Wyvern...fuck, try unknown:lol:

I would have put Priest, as people used to give them shit for no reason, but I'm noticing a recent rash of respect towards the Metal Gods.

Necuratul said:
And that's why I don't like you.
hey THE PLANK i do not think you have the biggest fan club in here bruv
electric20chair6gd.gif

SheisMySin said:

They are old.

It's personal taste. If one can dislike a certain genre...why not dislike a certain era?

Scott

Sorry but 'old' isn't an era and Nightwish aren't heavy or agressive. So what is it again that you don't like?

SheisMySin said:

They are old.

Scott

.. yeah because nightwish in this world is going to stand the test of time over those bands.

:lol:

>>>Sorry but 'old' isn't an era and Nightwish aren't heavy or agressive. So what is it again that you don't like?

Damn...an intelligent comeback. Hmm...

The physical "sound" of those bands just sounds dated to me.

Kinda like watching movies from the 70's. The plot might be there, original and fresh even...but just seeing people wear brown turtlenecks and plaid bellbottoms makes me chuckle.

Scott

Music does not become dated because technology or ever changing trends in music.

If you hear a band or music thinking it's outdated you are an idiot, especially music from the 70's and 80's which is actually not to long ago. There is older music than that and people love it to this day.

A lot of metal bands actually sound infleunced by those times regardless if they're 70's sounds or electronic and poppy.

Leave him alone, he's just a product of capitalist society. Out with the old, in with the new.

SheisMySin said:
>>>Sorry but 'old' isn't an era and Nightwish aren't heavy or agressive. So what is it again that you don't like?

Damn...an intelligent comeback. Hmm...

The physical "sound" of those bands just sounds dated to me.

Kinda like watching movies from the 70's. The plot might be there, original and fresh even...but just seeing people wear brown turtlenecks and plaid bellbottoms makes me chuckle.

Scott

You know, I can relate, when I watch old TV shows and movies it really feels dated...

Music's different for me though, I was raised on rock, the old stuff, then progressed to good ol' metal. I guess it's how you get introduced to music.

>>>Out of interest how long have you been listening to metal?

I'm 30, and started about 1988.

What is that...18 years? Prolly longer than most of you, hey?

Scott

Yeah, how long you've been listening to music is DEFINITELY a huge factor in everything.