Unknown awesome bands!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come arguments like this always have to deteriorate into people showing what they listen to to prove they're not closeminded, instead of just arguing the principals of it? Fact is, you like what you like, not enjoying something does not make you closeminded, it means it damn well doesn't appeal to you.

Spectacular Views said:
really this whole thread reveals the typical opeth fan trait of paying lip service to "open mindedness" while actually demonstrating nothing of the sort

part of my music collection includes the following:

New Order, Kings of Leon, Modest Mouse, spoon, console, The Rapture, do make say think, Joe Strummer, the unicorns, British Sea Power, Elvis Costello, pavement, slint, wilco, four tet, Einsturzende Neubauten, belle and sebastian, clem snide, the album leaf, labradford, violent femmes, Talking Heads, Boards of Canada, thin lizzy, clinic, The Faint Calla, Ian Brown, Karate, UT, Lambchop, The Stone Roses, Sparklehorse, june of 44, migala, the books, the ex, boredoms, 90 day men, shellac, unwound, jim o'rourke, deerhoof, will oldham, we ragazzi, tristeza, owls, new wet kojak, the make-up, loose fur, liars, el guapo, gore slut, cul de sac, cornelius, cibo matto, salaryman, paul newman, mercury program, lightning bolt, the jesus lizard, hella, david grubbs, crime in choir, califone, gastr del sol, trans am, The Sea and Cake, Yo La Tengo, xiu xiu, the fall, Metric, Kid Koala, cursive, the charlatans, kenna, free kitten, erase errata, the beta band, Frank Black, gang of four, girls against boys, the pop group, ratatat, Death In June, zounds, weird war, w-vibe, viva voce, vincent gallo, valley of giants, us maple, two dollar guitar, turn pale, thurston moore, these immortal souls, the thermals, sweep the leg johnny, supersilent, storm and stress, stafraenn hakon, smog, set fire to flames, rosa yemen, the radio dept, radio berlin, preston school of industry, pink and brown, pale saints, owen, on! air! library!, the olivia tremor company, mono (the japanese band), monade, minor threat, lungfish, little wings, liquid liquid, lilium, lee ranaldo, the kickass, juno, jonny marr, jandek, james chance, isotope 217, hot snakes, he said, glenn branca, geoff farina, espers, dome, dog faced hermans, divison of laura lee

and hell, even many more!

so please shut up already.

the sea and cake are fucking sweet! they are one of the best live bands that i have ever seen. their drummer is an intense dude. the ENTIRE show, his eyes were focussed on one thing that was straight ahead. oh, and i just saw stop making sense in a theater full of talking heads geeks. it was sweet.

Spectacular Views said:
Maybe but at least when I tell a girl what music I like she doesn't immediately place one hand on her rape whistle :cool:

no, she immediately grabs a tissue and assumes youll start crying at any moment you emo trash douchebag.

sorry...couldnt resist. :loco:

I love pseudo-intellectualness. It's hilarious seeing some douchebag bash a whole genre because he "grew out of it."

Hey guys, my playlist is primarilly comprised of death metal. I've tried listening to hardcore, I've tried listening to jazz, I've tried listening to country, I've tried rap, indie, etc. Metal suits my fancies more than any of those, except for a couple of jazz bassists and a couple of prog rock bands. Does that mean I'm a closed-minded fag who rapes people for a living? No, it doesn't, it means I enjoy death metal more than most music. With that said, Spectacular Views, go listen to your indie. I'll listen to my death metal and jazz.

Mumblefood said:
hahaha, why are you guys paying attention to him? This is exactly what he wants. He's not here to change his mind, he's here to get your panties in a bunch.
Ding.

I don't know if they're really "unknown," and I actually heard about them on this board, but Maudlin Of The Well is a great band.

NineFeetUnderground said:
no, she immediately grabs a tissue and assumes youll start crying at any moment you emo trash douchebag.

sorry...couldnt resist. :loco:

You probably don't even know what emo is ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.