US Tour? 2 Full Sets

GameFreac

The Derminator
Feb 11, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Swedish melodic death metal tyrants AMON AMARTH have announce their 2011 U.S. headlining tour. Simply dubbed "An Evening With Amon Amarth", this very special trek will find the band touring without support and instead performing two separate sets each night! One set will feature upcoming album, "Surtur Rising", in its entirety. The Viking-inspired festivities will commence on April 14 in Chicago, Illinois and pillage its way through 17 cities throughout the country before drawing to a climactic close on May 7 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Commented drummer Fredrik Andersson: "We're really excited about the upcoming album, 'Surtur Rising'. And what better way to showcase it by playing the full album on our first U.S. tour for 'Surtur Rising'?! It's definitely a unique opportunity for our fans because not only will the album be performed live but a second set with material from our previous albums will take place. We want our fans to really experience AMON AMARTH."

"An Evening With Amon Amarth" tour dates:

Apr. 14 - The Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL
Apr. 15 - Station 4 - Saint Paul, MN
Apr. 16 - Granada Theater - Lawrence, KS
Apr. 17 - The Summit Music Hall - Denver, CO
Apr. 19 - Wonder Ballroom - Portland, OR
Apr. 20 - Showbox Sodo - Seattle, WA
Apr. 22 - The Regency - San Francisco, CA
Apr. 23 - Ace Of Spades - Sacramento, CA
Apr. 24 - House of Blues - West Hollywood, CA
Apr. 25 - Nile Theatre - Mesa, AZ
Apr. 27 - White Rabbit - San Antonio, TX
Apr. 29 - Culture Room - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Apr. 30 - Beacham Theatre - Orlando, FL
May 01 - Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
May 02 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
May 03 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
May 05 - Best Buy Theater - New York, NY
May 06 - Paradise Rock Club - Boston, MA
May 07 - Theatre Of Living Arts - Philadelphia, PA

Tickets Here:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?...er_search&q=amon+amarth&search.x=0&search.y=0

Dude thanks for the heads up, fuck yeah!! I didn't think I'd see AA till late fall/winter as usual with their touring schedules after a new album, not to mention a full AA concert with no opening bands!!

I clicked the link but didn't see any info about the FL show...I would buy those tickets in a heartbeat.

Dude thanks for the heads up, fuck yeah!! I didn't think I'd see AA till late fall/winter as usual with their touring schedules after a new album, not to mention a full AA concert with no opening bands!!

I clicked the link but didn't see any info about the FL show...I would buy those tickets in a heartbeat.

NP

You gotta wait till tomorrow to buy em.

I might go to the Atlanta show but may have finals in Tennessee. :(

According to the door guy at the Eluveite show last night, Amon Amarth are doing the same show mentioned in this thread in St. Paul, 2 90 minute sets. The'll be in the land of the Vikings April 15th, the tickets go on sale at 4PM Central time today; they can be had at the box office at Station 4 or at www.vitaltickets.com. Nothing is posted at that site right now but he said they hoped to have it up by 4PM.

I'm pretty goodamn excited.

:kickass:

I'm buying my tickets for the Ft Lauderdale show as soon they are available. Anyone else going to that show?

The rumored dates I saw were the following. All of the dates posted by others seem to match up with these so far. Definitely hoping to see more than 1 show. :kickass:

4/14/11 – Thu - Chicago, IL - The Bottom Lounge
4/15/11 – Fri - Saint Paul, MN - Station 4
4/16/11 – Sat - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theatre
4/17/11 – Sun - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
4/19/11 – Tue - Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom
4/20/11 – Wed - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
4/22/11 – Fri - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom
4/23/11 – Sat - Sacramento, CA - Ace Of Spades
4/24/11 – Sun - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
4/25/11 – Mon - Mesa, AZ - The Nile Theatre
4/27/11 – Wed - San Antonio, TX -White Rabbit
4/29/11 – Fri - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
4/30/11 – Sat - Orlando, FL - Beacham Theatre
5/01/11 – Sun - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
5/02/11 – Mon - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
5/03/11 – Tue - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's Concert Club
5/05/11 – Thu - New York, NY - Best Buy Theater
5/06/11 – Fri - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
5/07/11 - Sat - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of The Living Arts

The rumored dates I saw were the following. All of the dates posted by others seem to match up with these so far. Definitely hoping to see more than 1 show. :kickass:

4/14/11 – Thu - Chicago, IL - The Bottom Lounge
4/15/11 – Fri - Saint Paul, MN - Station 4
4/16/11 – Sat - Lawrence, KS - Granada Theatre
4/17/11 – Sun - Denver, CO - Summit Music Hall
4/19/11 – Tue - Portland, OR - Wonder Ballroom
4/20/11 – Wed - Seattle, WA - Showbox SoDo
4/22/11 – Fri - San Francisco, CA - The Regency Ballroom
4/23/11 – Sat - Sacramento, CA - Ace Of Spades
4/24/11 – Sun - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
4/25/11 – Mon - Mesa, AZ - The Nile Theatre
4/27/11 – Wed - San Antonio, TX -White Rabbit
4/29/11 – Fri - Fort Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
4/30/11 – Sat - Orlando, FL - Beacham Theatre
5/01/11 – Sun - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
5/02/11 – Mon - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
5/03/11 – Tue - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's Concert Club
5/05/11 – Thu - New York, NY - Best Buy Theater
5/06/11 – Fri - Boston, MA - Paradise Rock Club
5/07/11 - Sat - Philadelphia, PA - Theatre Of The Living Arts

Awesome, thanks for posting this. It's a six hour drive from Minneapolis to both Chi-Town and Kansas City. I've got a decision to make.

Humm,
01.04.2011 (GB) NORWICH / UEA
02.04.2011 (GB) MANCHESTER / Academy 1
03.04.2011 (GB) GLASGOW / ABC
05.04.2011 (IRL) DUBLIN / Vicar Street
07.04.2011 (GB) NOTTINGHAM / Rock City
08.04.2011 (GB) BIRMINGHAM / Academy
09.04.2011 (GB) LONDON / Forum

13.05.2011 (N) OSLO / Betong
14.05.2011 (S) STOCKHOLM / Tyrol
15.05.2011 (S) GOTHENBURG / Trädgarn*
17.05.2011 (DK) COPENHAGEN / Vega
18.05.2011 (D) HAMBURG / Grosse Freiheit 36
19.05.2011 (B) ANTWERP / Hof Ter Lo
20.05.2011 (NL) AMSTERDAM / Melkweg
21.05.2011 (D) COLOGNE / E-Werk
22.05.2011 (F) PARIS / Elysee Montmartre
24.05.2011 (D) MUNICH / Tonhalle
25.05.2011 (I) MILAN / Limelight

That's from their website, I guess there won't be time for a Canada's date??

Just bought my ticket for the Ft Lauderdale show, with all the fees it was 30 bucks. So worth it, can't wait!! This will be my first time seeing AA without long hair though. :( Owell, I'll be that short haired loser banging without any hair. :)

Anyone familiar with the Culture room and the area around? Is it a big empty floor type of place? Also is there any cheap motels within walking distance? Going to be way too smashed to drive back afterwards.

Just bought my ticket for the Ft Lauderdale show, with all the fees it was 30 bucks. So worth it, can't wait!! This will be my first time seeing AA without long hair though. :( Owell, I'll be that short haired loser banging without any hair. :)

Anyone familiar with the Culture room and the area around? Is it a big empty floor type of place? Also is there any cheap motels within walking distance? Going to be way too smashed to drive back afterwards.

I've been to the Culture Room once. If I remember correctly, it is in a strip mall & right next door to a Best Western. Not a great place, but it was cheap & allowed me to walk to the venue. Maybe 2-2.5 stars. I don't remember much about the surrounding neighborhood.

The Culture Room was sold out the night I got there. There was a long line in the parking lot to get in. I missed part of the opening act while waiting to get in. Once inside, I found a place to stand & was there the rest of the night. It was so packed, there wasn't much room to try to move around.