US Tour? 2 Full Sets

Trying to get a flight to SF and home from LA, but not going to and from the same airport adds an extra cost, plus that both SAS and United needs to get involved.
If I were to fly return one of those cities, the flight would be about 1200 USD; but with a customized trip it change into 2100 USD, which is a bit too much...
Will try going via United, if that fails try a travel agent.
Last chance would be to get back to SF and fly back from there again, but will most likely involve one xtra vacation day, which I haven't cleared with the office.

If only LA was closer to SF, it would be so much easier :lol:

Hmmm, I could fly to and from LA instead, since Ia rrive the day before the show, then head up to SF the day of taht show, hmm, lets check that option...

---

BTW - Any locals to San Francisico around?
Need to figure out where to get the Amtrak from going to Sacramento, and possibly arriving into SF from LA too if above option gets to be best...

Hey gnoff, there are online-booking pages where you can put in different arriving airport and then departure from another destination to the original point. Just check budjet.se for instance.

Tried different options yesterday from some pages like that and the cheapest was just over 600 € back and forth (from Germany, as I have to get a flight from there in April) but reckon the price from Sweden wouldn't be much more than that. Or atleast it should be alot cheaper than 1200$.

Trying to go to some of the west coast (LA, SF) dates as well, but not sure if it fits in my schedule, we'll see.

OK, so managed to book via a travel agent now.

Ended up around 1200 USD, but it's OK though :)

Now to try and find places to sleep, and Amtrak connections to get me between cities :D

And of course locate various miocro and pub breweries to sample beers from :kickass:

PG - let me know if you manage to fir those dates too!

I heard that the train ride up/down the coast from LA to SF/Oakland is quite nice. Just make sure you sit on the west side of the train. Enjoy the trip. West coast is niiicceee.

OK, so managed to book via a travel agent now.

Ended up around 1200 USD, but it's OK though :)

Now to try and find places to sleep, and Amtrak connections to get me between cities :D

And of course locate various miocro and pub breweries to sample beers from :kickass:

PG - let me know if you manage to fir those dates too!

Booked flights to SF and home from LA.
Booked hostels in SF and Sacramento, friends couch in LA.
Booked tickets to the shows April 22, 23, 24.
Booked Amtrak between SF and Sac, also between Sac and LA.
ESTA is done since last trip and still valid.
Got some USD cash last night.

Hey I'm pretty much set to go, in 5 weeks I'll be in SF recovering from hangover and getting ready for the first show.
Or, hmm, it's 9 hour time difference to the west coast I think, so I might just be heading for bed, or perhaps soundly drunken asleep still, that works too...

Yay :D

Hmm, I kind of wish they were playing Worcester, but I'll probably go to the Boston date. Any ever been to the Paradise Rock Club before? I've heard of it a bit, but never been. Is it easy to get to?

I saw Isis there a couple years ago and it was the best show I've ever been to. The sound quality is much better than the Palladium.

We drove there and I remember the parking being a little tricky. We ended up parking on some side street and I was worried that my car would be towed by the end of the show. But it wasn't. If you live in the Boston area, I'd recommend hitting the green line. Otherwise, just look for side streets.

I live like a block away from the Paradise...yay. Never actually been there, but it can't be worse than the fucking Palladium.
Parking in Boston is a goddamn nightmare.

Are these gonna be 2 "full" - 1:30 - sets, or 45 minutes each, or maybe an hour each, or what? It's not really clear. I can't imagine them playing 3 hours each night, Fred's legs would fall off. 2 hours would be pretty sick. I'm hoping they'll play more of the classics this time around, although I guess that's not likely since they're pretty much obliged to play

Runes to My Memory
Cry of the Black Birds
Pursuit of Vikings
Twilight of the Thunder God
Guardians of Asgard

and then they always do
Victorious March
Death In Fire

and both times I saw them they did
Asator
Valhall Awaits Me

Which would leave a little room for stuff like
The Sound of Eight Hooves
Bleed For Ancient Gods
The Last With Pagan Blood
Masters of War
Without Fear
etc

but not all of it...oh well.

Are these gonna be 2 "full" - 1:30 - sets, or 45 minutes each, or maybe an hour each, or what? It's not really clear.

Well, since the first part will be the new album, and I don't think teh new album will be 90 minutes, I guess not.

The shows they did like this in Bochum was pretty much first the album of the night, then one more show that was about the same length, I guess. Didn't time it.

WeAreInFlames and Sickman, I appretiate the advice. I was thinking about taking the Green Line. I'm from CT but what I've done in the past when I've gone to Boston on daytrips is drive to whatever green line location outside of Boston would work that commuters take and then go from there. Is there an stop near the Paradise? Or is there a parking garage within a mile or so? Can I park at someone house? :loco:

you guys are really lucky to be in america to hear the whole new album + another set,
that's sick ,,/

Well, I'm in Sweden, but going over to California for 3 shows.

Save money, book trip, see shows.

Of course saving money needs to be done always, so when something epic turns out like this, you use the money you've got in the bank.

*acts all adult and shit, almost like a responsible person*

WeAreInFlames and Sickman, I appretiate the advice. I was thinking about taking the Green Line. I'm from CT but what I've done in the past when I've gone to Boston on daytrips is drive to whatever green line location outside of Boston would work that commuters take and then go from there. Is there an stop near the Paradise? Or is there a parking garage within a mile or so? Can I park at someone house? :loco:

There's a stop I think literally across the street.

Turns out I'm going to the Denver show instead, I'd really like to know if anyone here is gonna be at the same show!? Would be cool, o well.... Can't wait to fucking thrash for two full set's and it will be my first AA show where I can drink!!!! YES!!!!!

Fenrisúlfr;9725244 said:
If even Belphegor from Austria has visa issues, you are right to be cautious.

Fuck, even Hypocrisy coming from Sweden had visa issues to get into Canada. (Although that was apparently a botched spelling of a name from whoever issued the visa.)