Username

yosmark

I love Wanda
Sep 16, 2006
Mexico City
I thought in this thread because i want to know some of the storys or only meanings of the usernames of the people in this forum, i specially want to know the story (meaning) of the username of Linda, Sara and Jim, so i will start:

We were drinking some tequila in the house of a friend and we were alone (there were just 5 of us) so we got really drunk that day, and one of my friends (beto) was too drunk so he started to shout me YOSMARK YOSMARK YOSMARK because i think he was meaning to shout Yoshiki (my real name) so we all started to laugh and i liked that name and then we tried to play some songs but we were to drunk. :)

I always find these threads entertaining. :headbang:

My cyberspace handle is a morph of two knicknames: Darth and Rya. The former I got when I was stationed at Fort Lewis because I'd carry a red light saber as my safety signal at the rifle range instead of a red glow stick. The latter is what my family calls me.

I always wear Iron Maiden's first tour shirt to concerts and other places around the world - which is a Red Shirt that says Iron Maiden on it. Since the shirt stands out I thought it would be a simple name everybody can identify me with both on the boards and at the gigs. :heh:

During the last (Smokin) Joe Frazier/Ali fight in the "Thrilla in Manilla",
when Frazier was asked what he thought about Ali he said:

He ain't nothing but a scambooga and a DOODOOBUBBACHUCK!

I just thought those were hilarious words and had to use one of em! :oops:

Mine is my favorite hockey penalty. Crosscheck---um but I shortened it to CRSCHKUM. The "um" is slang for "them". I have had different ways it can be written through mylife... Old license plate "XCHKUM", CROSSCHKUM", New license plate " CRSCKUM" and sooooo on. Not tooo much a fun story but my fav :)

Way back when I first joined, I don't think TIMS were a part of UM. I was there for the My Dying Bride board, and "Turn Loose the SWANs" was a favorite tune.

Other than Darthrya ... any other My Dying Bride fans out there? I heard some of the gals do "Cookie Monster", eh?

Interesting stories!!

Mine comes from the inside cover of the Garage Inc booklet, where Metallica are dressed up in bow ties, suits etc with the caption "The Metallicats - covering all your favourites!" I thought it was hilarious and loved the name but when I went to use it (on the MetClub boards), it was taken so stuck 180 on the end because I was watching darts at the time, and that is the highest score you can get with 3 darts.

I'm a hockey fanatic, and I came up with Puckfiend one summer when I was going through withdrawals. I think a friend asked me if I was ready for hockey to start back up and I said "Yeah, I'm fiending for some puck right now" or something like that and have been using it as my online screenname & email address since.

I always wear Iron Maiden's first tour shirt to concerts and other places around the world - which is a Red Shirt that says Iron Maiden on it. Since the shirt stands out I thought it would be a simple name everybody can identify me with both on the boards and at the gigs. :heh:

Great stories!

I heard some of the gals do "Cookie Monster", eh?
Sarah does some in the backing vocals sometimes. It's not the usual stuff - just a nice growl to add to the intensity of the song.

great stories

I got mine from Mark tremonti, when creed disolved and he began to work on another project, we went to orlando, and he played some new material for me, with him doing vocals, he said they think they had a name...downshifter

...but where working out the legalities, anyways turned out downshifter was already in use, and they became alter bridge. turns out the alter bridge was a monument in detroit, where he grew up, and it symbolized the otherside of the tracks, the darkside, the bad area of town accross that bridge.

enjoy game 5 tonight
Ducks should pull it!

That username always sounded funny to me, i once shouted DOODOOBUBBACHUCK and my mom told me ..... are you nuts??

Interesting stories!!

Mine comes from the inside cover of the Garage Inc booklet, where Metallica are dressed up in bow ties, suits etc with the caption "The Metallicats - covering all your favourites!" I thought it was hilarious and loved the name but when I went to use it (on the MetClub boards), it was taken so stuck 180 on the end because I was watching darts at the time, and that is the highest score you can get with 3 darts.

Oh i thought you loved cats or something like that.... silly me :loco:

Mine came from a superhero RPG. I had an anthropomorphic black panther character, and I just had a flash of insight and the name came out of the blue.... I liked it so much that I kept it as my online name.

I knew someone back in my early days of being online that had the handle of Metallikat... for a quick second when I first came online here, I thought you were him.... but that obviously was not the case. ;)

back in 2001 at the inception of this band we were all thinking of stage names. i was watching alot of austin powers dvds during this time and i loved dr. evil - i thought the concept of a minime was hilarious!! at this time tribute bands were new to me and i wanted to have fun with the whole mockstar thing so i combined the two - and minimurray was born!!!

My nick, well Its an odd story,

I was given this nickname by a drug dealer back in 1999.

We used to go round her house get wrecked on Ecstasy and LSD and talk shit for England all night.

Anyway It sounded much cooler when I was on drugs and back in 1999. But hey I've used it for 8 years and I kinda like it now.

<sings> I dont like the drugs but the drugs like me </sings> :headbang:

mine is pretty simple, it was shortened from my all time fav pro wrestler, Stonecold Steve Austin. The attitude he pulled off in his work just stuck and so "stone". I've had it for several years now, heck when I hung out in the seattle main chat room all the time, my name in the room was "stonecoldez". And now that I think about it, stone came from all my seattle friends in the chat, they wouldn't call me stonecoldez they would call me stone, in person or online.