What's the meaning of your username?

While 666 is the most commonly used "number of the beast" revelations 13:18 the actual earliest known record is a fragment of papyrus 115 and the number is stated as 616

Thanks for the heads up, but I guess it would be better to look for something around my own country (I'm located in Brazil).
Despite the fact that I'm writing both in Portuguese and English at the same time, I believe focusing on my home market first is the way to go for now.

i was thinking that if you wrote the story in English (as opposed to Portuguese) and if this written-in-English story is a fantasy-type novel with weapons having names and stuff, maybe publishing it in America first might be a better way to go with this

Reactions: Arkhasil89
i was thinking that if you wrote the story in English (as opposed to Portuguese) and if this written-in-English story is a fantasy-type novel with weapons having names and stuff, maybe publishing it in America first might be a better way to go with this

Yeah, I thought about this too, since over here there isn't much of a fantasy "scene".
Just recently some local authors started publishing their works, but so far, nothing that has caught much of my interest.
That's the main motivation for me to start writing my own novels.
Guess by the end of the year I'll have at least the first book finished.
I'll wait till then to decide what to do when it finally comes to publishing it.

Yeah, I thought about this too, since over here there isn't much of a fantasy "scene".
Just recently some local authors started publishing their works, but so far, nothing that has caught much of my interest.
That's the main motivation for me to start writing my own novels.
Guess by the end of the year I'll have at least the first book finished.
I'll wait till then to decide what to do when it finally comes to publishing it.
you gonna do the whole full-length-novel thing
or something shorter?

are you going to publish all the shorter stories together in a short-story-collection??

Maybe, but I also had an ideia to make a zine collecting other short stories written by some metal musicians from the local scene.
I've talked to some people from some Brazilian bands and they seemed interested in the ideia.
Of course, this is only on paper for now, but I guess that it could work.

publishing the short-stories one-at-a-time in the magazine first would not prevent you from publishing all of them together as a short-story-collection later

Reactions: Arkhasil89
publishing the short-stories one-at-a-time in the magazine first would not prevent you from publishing all of them together as a short-story-collection later

I don't think so, having them published in an episodic manner would be one way to (maybe) create some more interest for this specific kind of literature among a local scene.
People who are more into zine collecting might enjoy seeing something that differs from the same old band interview kinda of issues that they're used to.
And after I'm done publishing the shorts through the zine, I don't see why not doing a shorts-collection too.
Knowing myself, that would also be a good opportunity for a "revised" edition and even include some extras too.
But hey, I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself here. lol

I don't think so, having them published in an episodic manner would be one way to (maybe) create some more interest for this specific kind of literature among a local scene.
People who are more into zine collecting might enjoy seeing something that differs from the same old band interview kinda of issues that they're used to.
And after I'm done publishing the shorts through the zine, I don't see why not doing a shorts-collection too.
Knowing myself, that would also be a good opportunity for a "revised" edition and even include some extras too.
But hey, I'm getting waaaay ahead of myself here. lol
yes this is exactly what i was thinking
(you apparently didn't see the word "not" in my post)
also
to market yourself better you should really get a phrase that officially labels all the short stories as being set in the same fictional universe
like how the books staring Anita Blake are all labeled as being "An Anita Blake vampire hunter novel"

yes this is exactly what i was thinking
(you apparently didn't see the word "not" in my post)
also
to market yourself better you should really get a phrase that officially labels all the short stories as being set in the same fictional universe
like how the books staring Anita Blake are all labeled as being "An Anita Blake vampire hunter novel"

Yeah, definitely I didn't see that "not" there. oops...
So far I just have some working titles, nothing is set in stone yet.
The only certainty I have so far, is that the shorts are acting more like prequels to the bigger picture that is going to the (possible) trilogy of books.
Basically the shorts follow the adventure of a character that happens to become the father of one of the main protagonists of the trilogy.

Reactions: LethalCockSlap
Yeah, definitely I didn't see that "not" there. oops...
So far I just have some working titles, nothing is set in stone yet.
The only certainty I have so far, is that the shorts are acting more like prequels to the bigger picture that is going to the (possible) trilogy of books.
Basically the shorts follow the adventure of a character that happens to become the father of one of the main protagonists of the trilogy.
back in the 1920s there were a lot of books where the first chapter tells a short story about a teenager who then becomes the grandparent of the person who is the principal protagonist of the rest of the book
don't know why this was a thing going on, but its interesting to see you doing this
but again, you should prolly go ahead and think of a phrase that will label these as taking place in the same universe
like how all the books staring Richard Rahl are labeled "Sword of Truth novels"
also
if you print the short stories first
then you'll need in the first novel a passage making it clear and unmistakable that the main character's father is the same person as the main character in the short stories (maybe have it towards the end of the novel, as a surprise for one of the other characters suddenly realizing that he's looking at the son of someone he'd met decades earlier)