What's the meaning of your username?

back in the 1920s there were a lot of books where the first chapter tells a short story about a teenager who then becomes the grandparent of the person who is the principal protagonist of the rest of the book
don't know why this was a thing going on, but its interesting to see you doing this
but again, you should prolly go ahead and think of a phrase that will label these as taking place in the same universe
like how all the books staring Richard Rahl are labeled "Sword of Truth novels"
also
if you print the short stories first
then you'll need in the first novel a passage making it clear and unmistakable that the main character's father is the same person as the main character in the short stories (maybe have it towards the end of the novel, as a surprise for one of the other characters suddenly realizing that he's looking at the son of someone he'd met decades earlier)

Yeah, since I'm very much into sword and sorcery and plenty of older pulp stories from the 20s and 30s, it reflects into my style of writing too.
Thanks for the heads up about the naming and making the connections, that's something I haven't paid much attention up until now.

Yeah, since I'm very much into sword and sorcery and plenty of older pulp stories from the 20s and 30s, it reflects into my style of writing too.
Thanks for the heads up about the naming and making the connections, that's something I haven't paid much attention up until now.
the fact that you're writing short stories with the main character being the father of the main character in your novel is prolly a subconscious result of you reading other authors doing the same

and the other thing was just all about marketing, getting people to read both the group-of-short-stories and also the novel-trilogy instead of just one or the other

It was an actual death metal band i used to be in, all traces of it have been erased from the web for pretty good reasons. We were pretty good and had lots of shows but certain forces tore the band apart.

the fact that you're writing short stories with the main character being the father of the main character in your novel is prolly a subconscious result of you reading other authors doing the same

and the other thing was just all about marketing, getting people to read both the group-of-short-stories and also the novel-trilogy instead of just one or the other
also
if you're already going to publish the short-stories in a large number of magazine-issues first, then you might want to self-publish anyway and just write the novel in a way that is entertaining to the people who are reading the short stories in the magazine

as long as you're paying attention to the feedback from the people reading the short stories in the magazine and you're writing a novel-trilogy that those people want to read, then you should prolly just self-publish the novel and write the novel-trilogy that the readers of the short-stories want to read instead of even trying to go to a publishing-house

I'm new. The name I picked is just a name I liked because I thought it sounded cool. There's no meaning really.

Reactions: Arkhasil89
if your book contains themes or details that a random publisher doesnt want to publish
you might try this publisher
https://www.facebook.com/FWPublishing/