greatest albums, no argument."

After listening to these cd's repeatedly and back to
back with Twilight in Olympus, I've found I like Twilight
much more. I think this might be the same way you feel
with "V". Just try listening to it and try to get more
into the story.

Take it for what it is instead of comparing it to the other
albums.
I listened to Twilight in Olympus last night, and one word kept spinning in my head: Underrated.

I have to listen to the album in full to really appreciate it. It's like one big song to me. The only song I enjoy listening to by itself is Communion and the Oracle.

grandbazaar said:
Am I the only one who finds that album boring? For some reason I dislike the way each songs are somewhat hard to distinguish. The songs are really well crafted thats one sure thing, but for some reason it doesn't reach me and No track really stands out. Something is missing, kind of lack of emotion. it's pretty hard to pinpoint. IMO THe Divine Wings Wings of Tradgedy and The Odyssey are much more well rounded albums.
I felt the exact same way after listening to V for the first 5 or 6 times. Nothing stuck in my head and I really didn't care for the album at all. I put it away for nearly 2 years until after Odyssey came out and then I decided to go back and listen to it again. It still took me a few listens to adapt but once I got it in my head it was AMAZING! I was a die hard Divine Wings backer and V is now my favorite SyX CD.

If you give it a chance it will eventually hook you too. It's a masterpiece in my opinion.

urinalcakemix said:
It would RULE if they played Egypt @ the Metal Festival in March ... <cough> Jax tell romeo <cough> <cough>
<cough>
<cough>
Oh shit.
<choke>
<Choke>
<CHOKEE!!!!>

--^---^--^---^--------^-----------^-------------------------------------

WOEEEEE!!!!
I second that motion!!!:worship:
I SOOOOO missed "Egypt and Death of Balance" on thier last tour..:(
Now I did enjoyed every song they DID do. But I really miss those songs live. They are just sooo powerful. And Jason just kicks *#%! on those live:OMG:

I personally find V the only Symphony X album were they almost permanently stray away from the formulaic songwriting...
And thus I consider it their best album, by far. It's easy to play from beginning to end, which I (almost) never do with any other SyX album - the other albums all have one or more songs which get a bit stale at times...

I really really like V. Fallen, Communion, Eqypt are faves. I just rate DWOT and The Odyssey even higher :) I think the group of songs after egypt are too similar but i still rate it as amazing.

i disagree i think V is up there with twilight and divine and is better then
damnation game and the odyssey (i dont count there first album it's a horrible album imo)

I thought V was boring UNTIL today when I brought Mystic Prophecy - Regressus. I only heard one song off of it 'Lords of Pain' which sounded not too bad. But anyways today I popped it in and I have to say this is some of the worst, most boring shit I've ever fucking heard. The singer sounds like he's constantly straining and has no range at all.

But anyways this thread isn't about those fuckers so I'll just say V is a good album. :D

V in my opinion is the overall best album that SyX has done. I love all of their albums, but V is one of the top 5 prog metal albums ever. Russell does an awesome job with the vocals. I like his open vocal tone on this album. The symphonic passages are incredible and match the music completely. This album really shows what Romeo can do as far as composing goes. Also, the production is perfect on this album. Everything is mixed perfectly.
Rediscovery Parts 1 & 2 - Unbelievable!
Evolution (The Grand Design) - One of the Coolest riffs ever.
Egypt - Probably my favorite SyX song overall.

Airgeetar_freak said:
V in my opinion is the overall best album that SyX has done. I love all of their albums, but V is one of the top 5 prog metal albums ever. Russell does an awesome job with the vocals. I like his open vocal tone on this album. The symphonic passages are incredible and match the music completely. This album really shows what Romeo can do as far as composing goes. Also, the production is perfect on this album. Everything is mixed perfectly.
Rediscovery Parts 1 & 2 - Unbelievable!
Evolution (The Grand Design) - One of the Coolest riffs ever.
Egypt - Probably my favorite SyX song overall.

I totally agree!

I love and am currently listening to TDWOT, but V is my favorite SX release. A side bar to mention is that V was the first thing I got from SX. Anyway, to me V is not only my favorite SX release, it's in my top 10 of all time favorite releases by anyone.