Vegetarians?

First ive heard of this documentary, whats it about?

You can watch it here:

[ame]http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=6361872964130308142[/ame]

It's about how we treat animals in general...not only when it comes to eating.

"EARTHLINGS is a feature length documentary about humanity's absolute dependence on animals (for pets, food, clothing, entertainment, and scientific research) but also illustrates our complete disrespect for these so-called "non-human providers.""

I'm vegetarian, I hardly eat any "animal-products" though.

And seriously:

If anyone who is eating meat doesn't manage to get through this whole vid should really start thinking about changing something...if you can eat it, you can also watch how it's done...

I grew up on a farm with cattle, hogs, and chickens. I am therefore pretty heartless when it comes to eating animals. I'm not too keen on seemingly torturous practices, and I'm highly critical of much of the American meat industry both in how livestock are fed and treated in feedlots, though. As of right now, producers are being rewarded more generally for quantity over quality, but the trend seems to be shifting. A customer shift to leaner, higher-quality meats will have a big impact on production techniques.

I am a pretty lazy veggie. I do pretty good, but then I find myself eating meat occasionally. There are times I end up being Vegetarian and close to vegan for a while, and then for whatever reason it just comes to easy to get some meat, not too mention the smells of meat just follows and torments a person trying to avoid it. Don't really matter where, but the smell finds you and most the time it smells really damn good.

Me: Also why should Humans be the only species to stop eating meat?
"Because we're the ones doing the cruel killing"
Me: Regarding animal Cruelty, that is down to the person doing the cruel act just like a raper or murderer...not the person eating the meat. I don't think me eating the meat encourages the killer/butcher to act any more violently than if I didn't eat it.

I disagree with that one.
Most people eat more meat than they really need, due to meat-eating culture and advertising, and being disconnected from what it takes to have that piece of meat in your plate (i.e they buy meat like they buy bread or newspapers (i.e like a product), and don't see the slaughterhouse part anymore...). This makes the meat industry get more industrial/intensive, which results in terrible cattle living conditions (crammed in tiny spaces, being force-fed with hormones and other stuff...) and huge pollution (soil pollution) and waste (so much food/raw food/resources needed to produce meat).
So in a way, people buying tons of meat at the supermarket is what keeps the meat industry very industrial/intensive, with all the horrible stuff that comes with it, so it makes sense to consider buying less meat, or at least, less "industrial" meat.
EDIT : to sum it up : you're not the murderer, but buying this meat you "order" the murder.

Sorry if somebody adressed this already, i'm reading the thread little by little, during my breaks at work :)

Great thread by the way. Been making steps towards vegetarianism in the past few months, and still learning.