Vegetarians?

i lately heard that a lot of animals died of starvation because of vegetarians eating all their food....hm....

but to be honest i play with the thought of becoming vegetarian quite a while now.

anyway like i already mentioned i'm not vegetarian, but i do "eat vegetarian" a lot. as in, not every meal i eat is a pound of meat. in fact i eat meat relatively infrequently. not because it's "vegetarian" or "healthy" for me, but because i like food that isn't meat too.

but straight up vegetarian and/or vegan food that is made to resemble meaty foods is absolutely terrible ime. veggie burgers, etc.. i tried a nut burger from a vegetarian/vegan cafe once upon a time. thing made me puke it was so dry.

you're not eating the right stuff. i got hardcore carnivore friends of mine craving some stuff i've shown them.

I'm vegan - out of pretty much the same reasons as punkrockacademy...blah (sorry, mate - the name's just too long).

Someday I felt, that being carnivore is just plain wrong and so I stopped eating meat. A few years later I realised that being vegetarian is not enough -> consequence: vegan.
AND I'm healthy.

For anyone who can't imagine, what vegans eat - here's my favorite recipe-ressource on the web:
http://veganyumyum.com/

In this thread there is still a lot of stuff floating around that's just plain wrong and I hope you guys do not only read the false pretenses but also the corrections a few of you already gave.

By the way: Hitler was NOT vegetarian. And even if he were, Hitler surely ate bread, too and you never stopped munching your peanut-butter-sandwich, huh ;)

Beef_cuts.png

MMMMMMMMM

Something has to die for me to call it dinner.

I might eat a salad once in a while, but I absolutely have to have some meat in my meal. Cows and pigs don't suffer here in Norway, but chickens got it rough. I still don't feel bad when I eat them. Vegetables are quite nice too, but I believe in a varied diet.

by the way i love the testosterone infused meat pics. they really macho up these post and show these sissy vegetarians who's the boss.

:cry::cry:

Jeezzz dude, why does everything around here have to be so serious.

AND Bill Pearl, an oldschool Bodybuilder became a vegetarian, and was still one of the biggest dudes around, so it's possible to be a veg-head and still keep it real.

:cry::cry:

Jeezzz dude, why does everything around here have to be so serious.

AND Bill Pearl, an oldschool Bodybuilder became a vegetarian, and was still one of the biggest dudes around, so it's possible to be a veg-head and still keep it real.

hey man, i'm not upset or taking anything the wrong way. just bustin' chops. dish and ye shall receive. i just notice that in any conversation, argumentative or not, the pro-meat people will go above and beyond to say something "controversial" or masculine. not trying to be serious, just pointing out things i notice. even my best friends when we are at dinner someone will say "how's your salad nancy, i got this fucking abused cow here and it tastes great hahahaha" something along those lines. i really don't care and i know they are just kidding but it just strikes me as odd. that is one example, there are plenty more in conversations like these when someone people feel the need to "testosterone" it and bring up the "i like vegetables, right next to the entree - meat" type of joke. it's almost as played out as the "are you gay? does your mom know your gay?" joke

very stock, unoriginal, and quite frankly a little silly and shows more insecurity than wit. i much prefer more level headed conversations like metaltastic or the other people in this thread that don't resort to 3rd grade humor to get their points across.

I thought you were genuinely upset at that picture, or the "I'll eat three animals" pic.
It was supposed to be stock and unoriginal.

I eat meat , you don't. That's cool by me. I just thought the thread started to get a little too hell bent for veggies and a little ball busting was necessary to restore order haha.

very stock, unoriginal, and quite frankly a little silly and shows more insecurity than wit. i much prefer more level headed conversations like metaltastic or the other in this thread that don't resort to 3rd grade humor to get their points across.

Oh gosh you're sooo right :D

Where do all of these super-agro vegetarians live? Earth crisis videos?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I was vegetarian for about 4 years when I was younger, "freegan" for 2 of those.

I originally did it for treatment of animals reasons and that sort of went along with the punk rock scene I was in at the time. Unfortunately, I got so fed up with the bullshit "activists" around me that did nothing but fucking sit around and complain all the time, that I rejected all of that and went back to eating meat almost out of spite.

These days I have no problem with humans consuming meat but still have a little guilt about walking into a store and buying this pretty little packaged flesh patty. If it were up to me to kill the animal myself I know I would have a tough time with it. That's actually the best argument for hunting I've heard and its something I've been considering for a while now.

If I feel justified in taking another animals life to feed my self and my family, I ought to be able to do it my self, right?

I thought you were genuinely upset at that picture, or the "I'll eat three animals" pic.
It was supposed to be stock and unoriginal.

I eat meat , you don't. That's cool by me. I just thought the thread started to get a little too hell bent for veggies and a little ball busting was necessary to restore order haha.

never a bad time for ball busting. maybe at a funeral, sometimes. but other than that it's open season. no pun intended.