Vegetarians?

Djiganath? as for veg restaurants i could be wrong coz i just heard about that)
but who can eat at restaurants daily? i can't.

guys. im not trying to prove something to someone - coz its useless - just my point of view. being vegan for years now - i see the same questions, argument of both sides. 100% the same) as they are here...

i was wathing some tv show last week - the guy on tv said that for the animal - death is so common - so its like sleeping.

did you saw how it going on? how this "pure farmer" kills his animal for meat? fur? leather?

this is cruelty - cruelty of the world. why vegan? "to change the world - start changing it by changing yorself"

Do you think its ok - that someone is living with no choice? living to be killed?

this are just questions. i think its oke to live somewhere in the woods and to kill wild animals for living. but there are more killings than the humanity needs - so many meat that's on dump - just rotting. think about it.

No one should eat in a restaurant every day :) Just wanted to let you know that there is such place. they have everything... just awsome!

I guess that it was kinda "cheap" because we're used to german prices.

maybe you can remember the name of this retaurant? was it in buddist style or something? just interesting to go there) but i think youre talking about djigannath

also to the person that said eating animals supports farmers??? what year do you live in??? the huge majority of all meat (at least in developed countries) comes from giant corporate slaughterhouses where people get paid minimum wage to run concentration camp style killing factories. these places accommodate tens of thousands of animals in cramped cages and these animals aren't even animals, they are like machines, they are born in captivity, drugged to all hell to grow 20x faster so they have to live less before they can be killed live in ZERO space never get a chance to leave their space or even move more than an inch and eventually are systematically slaughtered if they even live that far. that is NOT supporting local farmers.

Dude, no offense, but its clear that you have no fuckin' idea of how farming/slaughtering works.
In Sweden the animals must have a "booth" of a certain size, i cant tell the exact measurements, but the farms ive been in(15-20 or so.) have had booths about 10x10 meter, where 2 cows and 2 calves share space.
They are only "locked up" during night, and freeroam during the day, since its expensive and puts an extra load of work having the animals inside all day(Cleaning up after them, warming up the farm etc.).

The same basic laws exists in most western countries.

Chickens on the other hand, they live in small henhouses with "booths" that they barely fits in, and the slaughtering of them is completely inhumane.
But cows and pigs is a completely different story, FAR from the one you've heard from some bullshitter.

yeah i'm way past guilt trip. i never attack people or feel superior or anything but when people use wrong facts to justify things i like to set the facts straight.

Its not about putting you on a guilt trip its about the facts, plus if you don't give a shit stop posting.

Wow, so you are saying that his OPINION isn't a fact?
Wow... I'm choked!

I like the sound of a Marshall-stack on 10, but i guess I'm wrong, because i don't know the facts. :cry:
(Don't take that to seriously either.)

By the way, as i said before, ive been at some HUGE farms, im talking about 10 fuckin' acres of land with farms and fields.
And i can assure you, 99,9% of them does not look like that ridiculous lying piece of shit organization PETA says.
They take thousands of pictures in those very few farms that has gone to hell, and ignore the ones that are being properly managed.
Just like the news: You don't hear about old Joe that just got a brand new car, all you hear is about misery.

The animals have plenty of space to move in when they are inside, and the only times they are inside is when the weather is too harsh for the stock to be outside.
Having the animals locked up in cages is way to expensive(= counterproductive.), oh, and did you know that they have plenty of good food?
Otherwise you wouldn't get any meat of them.

So honestly, if you think its fair to compare this shit to the holocaust: GO FUCK YOURSELF.

If not, but still think its wrong, thats fine, but don't you fuckin' dare to compare it to concentration camps.

) i dont think that telling that the animal lived in a good conditon but was killed is a good argument)

) i dont think that telling that the animal lived in a good conditon but was killed is a good argument)

It wasn't an argument for killing it, it was a counterstatement to that fuckin' bullshit that got dished out about what "real" farms look like.
Oh, and ad another 0 to those acres, typed to fast. ;)

Edit:
Its illegal in almost all countries to affect the animals growth rate by feeding or injecting any kind of drugs or hormones.
This law was created in most countries after that idiot attempt to create a more effective animal for food: The Belgian Blue.

FUCK being straight edge - I used to be (but I never used the title, cuz I wanted NOTHING to do with that whole scene and especially the music surrounding it :ill: ), but then I realized how awesome booze makes me feel (and yes I feel awesome when I'm not drunk too), so why the hell not? I only drink when I go out (once or twice a week), but I always drink to get smashed, and it rules :) Not a fan of weed, though, and forget about any other drugs

Wow, so you are saying that his OPINION isn't a fact?
Wow... I'm choked!

Dear me, considering all the facts which people have stated about how animals are bred and treated for meat etc that is not the purpose to make some guy feel guilty its just facts SIMPLE, grass is green nobody can deny that!

Plus my responce was to him for saying stop "preaching" and get over it which isnt an opinion so I think you best revise your statement.

FUCK being straight edge - I used to be (but I never used the title, cuz I wanted NOTHING to do with that whole scene and especially the music surrounding it :ill: ), but then I realized how awesome booze makes me feel (and yes I feel awesome when I'm not drunk too), so why the hell not? I only drink when I go out (once or twice a week), but I always drink to get smashed, and it rules :) Not a fan of weed, though, and forget about any other drugs
Crack isn't that bad

Not to drag this out further, or further off topic...and definitely not to create any ill feelings (not my intention at all)...but isn't it a form of "preaching"...at least what I call preaching? I say I like meat, someone spouts facts and figures about various things against it. I say I believe in God. Someone gives me arguments to prove me wrong. I say like Marshalls. Someone runs down various reasons why that tone sucks. I say I like a little alcohol from time to time, someone gives me a lecture of how bad it is for me. (again...this is NOT aimed at anyone in particular here...just in general). Since I never asked for those facts and figures, and the other person already knows I disagree with them, but yet persist in trying to convince me to their viewpoint...isn't that preaching? This is the only point I'm trying to make. No one has to agree with each other, so why do we constantly have to try and convince others to our viewpoint (and I'm guilty of this myself at times). Like I said...it's all good. Come over to my house sometime and I'll even make some tasty meat-free dishes for you.

On a serious note.. if peta's plan is to make every human stop eating meat, who's gonna look after the farmed animals? Would you let a lovely cow or 10 chickens stay in your flat in the city? Because I assure you the farmers (whether it be farmer johny or big slaughterhouses) definitly won't! So they'll all have to be slaughtered anyway, or they're gonna run off into the wild and get hit by cars etc and it'll be a right mess!

Dear me, considering all the facts which people have stated about how animals are bred and treated for meat etc that is not the purpose to make some guy feel guilty its just facts SIMPLE, grass is green nobody can deny that!

Plus my responce was to him for saying stop "preaching" and get over it which isnt an opinion so I think you best revise your statement.

Dear me, you seem to have missed the part where i wrote "dont take this too seriously either". ;)

But the part that response was too didnt have anything to do with facts.
Sence Grywolf never once said in this thread that the farmanimals live by a sparkling creek in the middle of the fuckin' garden of eden.

So i wont revise that statement.
IF however that comment where meant for someone & something else, i might consider to revise it.

But if we are going to talk about facts here: You have all the facts about farming wrong.
After reading what you have written in this thread, im starting to feel that you have read PETA's cute little pamphlets made of Gods holy pile of bullshit? Because these "facts" that you are throwing around is similar to the ones of a "friend" of mine who is a member of PETA, who haven't even been close to a farm in her life.

Again: COWS ARE NOT LOCKED UP IN A FUCKIN' CAGE!
Why the fuck would they buy cages? Why not just have them in an open floor?
It saves space, its cheaper and the animals benefit from it.
And as i also said earlier: Its cheaper to let the cows roam in fields when the weather allows it, because it saves energy in both the matter that you have to clean and warm up the facilities 24/7 + you dont have to produce a shitload of food for the cows(Since they can eat the grass in the fields.).

This is how farming works, no matter if you have 10 cows, a 100 cows or fuckin' 10.000 cows.

The same goes for most of the farm animals, with chickens as the exception where i agree that its inhumane, and the cruelty there can almost be compared to concentration camps(Except that the chickens at least gets proper amounts of nutritious food.).

Dude, no offense, but its clear that you have no fuckin' idea of how farming/slaughtering works.
In Sweden the animals must have a "booth" of a certain size, i cant tell the exact measurements, but the farms ive been in(15-20 or so.) have had booths about 10x10 meter, where 2 cows and 2 calves share space.
They are only "locked up" during night, and freeroam during the day, since its expensive and puts an extra load of work having the animals inside all day(Cleaning up after them, warming up the farm etc.).

The same basic laws exists in most western countries.

Chickens on the other hand, they live in small henhouses with "booths" that they barely fits in, and the slaughtering of them is completely inhumane.
But cows and pigs is a completely different story, FAR from the one you've heard from some bullshitter.

well like i said, i know in certain parts of europe things are different. to revise what i said before, i speak of the meat industry in the united states. it is NOT like that here.

Dear me, you seem to have missed the part where i wrote "dont take this too seriously either". ;)

But the part that response was too didnt have anything to do with facts.
Sence Grywolf never once said in this thread that the farmanimals live by a sparkling creek in the middle of the fuckin' garden of eden.

So i wont revise that statement.
IF however that comment where meant for someone & something else, i might consider to revise it.

But if we are going to talk about facts here: You have all the facts about farming wrong.
After reading what you have written in this thread, im starting to feel that you have read PETA's cute little pamphlets made of Gods holy pile of bullshit? Because these "facts" that you are throwing around is similar to the ones of a "friend" of mine who is a member of PETA, who haven't even been close to a farm in her life.

Again: COWS ARE NOT LOCKED UP IN A FUCKIN' CAGE!
Why the fuck would they buy cages? Why not just have them in an open floor?
It saves space, its cheaper and the animals benefit from it.
And as i also said earlier: Its cheaper to let the cows roam in fields when the weather allows it, because it saves energy in both the matter that you have to clean and warm up the facilities 24/7 + you dont have to produce a shitload of food for the cows(Since they can eat the grass in the fields.).

This is how farming works, no matter if you have 10 cows, a 100 cows or fuckin' 10.000 cows.

The same goes for most of the farm animals, with chickens as the exception where i agree that its inhumane, and the cruelty there can almost be compared to concentration camps(Except that the chickens at least gets proper amounts of nutritious food.).

Yeah I know the bit about the Marshall was a joke....anyway...

As far as the rest goes I didn't post anything about that, ive kept my head out of this thread quite a bit infact. Oh and by facts I mean facts that have been generally pointed out by numerous members of this forum, yourself included.

Thankyou and goodnight

Isn't the lion sooo cute!?
lion-eating-meat.jpg

BTW this is a picture of my pet lion. We eat a lot of meat together.

for the record my animal rights loving is more oriented around like more worldy affairs such as poaching, whaling, hunting, etc. etc. i'm more concerne with what the WWF does than say PETA.

i always had a passion for stuff like that. used to read the nat geo articles about elephant poaching and tiger poaching and things of that sort. that, along with health, kind of lead me to explore my dietary lifestyle.