Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

dorian gray said:
@Erik: I heard that Nintendo DS is largely a piece of crap. What's good about it? Just wondering, I don't know anyone who has it.
EVERYTHING

what's supposed to be a piece of crap about it? that it doesn't have stupid fucking mindless american blood and guts and flashy graphics games?

it differs from game to game obviously; in mario & luigi, you get a map on the upper screen which is really handy, and sometimes you get to control different characters in different rooms with some guys on the top screen and some on the bottom one (and the lower screen is touch sensitive)

it's difficult to explain but it's a really cool thing to have actually -- people thought nintendo was nuts for doing this but it's more than a gimmick, it feels really natural

dorian gray said:
@Johanna: Maybe I should rent Fable, then? Never heard of it actually.

Fable is really fun, I played the PC version, it's quite similar to the Xbox version, you should definetly check it out. I like being so evil I grow horns and my own smoke cloud.

Conspicuously Absent said:
Fable is really fun, I played the PC version, it's quite similar to the Xbox version, you should definetly check it out.
Wait, I think I remember this. Did it come out for XBox around November 2004? I remember the salesperson trying to get me to buy it when I bought the XBox

haha You're like a Nintendo die-hard. Do you have N64? I still have mine. I've kept it solely to one day get a copy of Goldeneye and play it until I die.

dorian gray said:
haha You're like a Nintendo die-hard. Do you have N64? I still have mine. I've kept it solely to one day get a copy of Goldeneye and play it until I die.
no, i stopped caring about video games after SNES era... i only got back into it like last week

I've always stayed loyal to Nintendo. I own: the original Game Boy, SNES, N64, GameCube, and the GBA SP. I have phases of being into gaming though, and haven't been for a year or so. But I imagine I'll buy the Wii and once I get that I'll probably buy the DS and then be addicted again for however long until I get bored.

Essentially, I'd buy any system that had a Zelda game on it.

@ andrew Lol, speaking of, I accidentally let all the air out of my rear shock the other day and can't ride until I get a pump hahahahaha. I ordered it, so it should be here this weekend. :erk:

Doom said:
I've always stayed loyal to Nintendo. I own: the original Game Boy, SNES, N64, GameCube...
I had Gamecube for awhile. I thought it was a great console. Then they decided to stop making games for it. :erk:

dorian gray said:
I had Gamecube for awhile. I thought it was a great console. Then they decided to stop making games for it. :erk:

It had a bunch of good games though. Sure Nintendo has had the weakest third party support for the last two generations of consoles, but it's not like there isn't enough good games. Well, for me at least anyway. And since Nintendo's first party games are generally outstanding, I've always been happy with both the quantity and quality of games available.

Plus it had Harvest Moon, the original farming sim game :kickass:

Erik said:
new ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS is coming for gamecube soon

Aren't they making a version for both the GameCube and for the Wii, or something like that?

dorian gray said:
@ andrew Lol, speaking of, I accidentally let all the air out of my rear shock the other day and can't ride until I get a pump hahahahaha. I ordered it, so it should be here this weekend. :erk:

haha, tard. :p