Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

so those of you that play games on the PC ... do you use a joystick or pretty much keyboard and mouse for everything?

the PS2 console i bought is somewhat underwhelming. since I have a pretty good PC, will try some PC games, but don't like to use the keyboard for controls.

?!?!?

Buy a Logitech or XBOX 360 controller for most things where a keyboard mouse doesn't work well. Flight sims you basically need a joystick, though some people like controllers there too. Racing games is generally best with a controller unless you really play them a lot and want a wheel/pedal set.

I suppose it really depends what you#re playing...?

and some of those games that I played in the 80s were a riot. You don't always have to play the latest shiny games. You can have so much fucking fun with some of the ancient games, or even older games from "2000" :O

Also consider that my dad has a fairly middle range dell from 2001 and can still play a fair bit of the latest strategy/RPG/MMO games.

Agreed. And the original 2 hitman games, the HOMM series, Civilization 3 or 4, uhhh.... thats a start I suppose....

what kind of games do you want to play lurch?

I rarely play non-PC games anymore. Ive been playing mostly Rome and Medieval 2 Total War lately, and some EVE-Online. Also recently got Company of Heroes, which is pretty fun.

hey wolftribe, if you like EVE and strategy games, there's gonna be a RTS called "Sins of a Solar Empire" released in february. Gamespy just did a preview, and things are looking very good.