Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Weird that I started this thread (as well as the rest of RC's top ten threads :lol:) considering I can barely bring myself to play my 360. I think I've finally reached the point where I've lost all interest in video games.
Anyone want it?

I have no idea. Most of it has to do with having a child in the house. You simply can't sit there and play video games for hours on end, which is the most appropriate way to play games :lol:
I've had to pare down my interests. I have to ask, "Ok, I have some alone time, do I listen to music? Watch a movie? Read a book? Ride bikes? Jerk off?"

Those are the logistical reasons. Then there's the reason of: when I sit down to play something I immediately think, "This is so boring." Sad, really, because I really loved games growing up.

Oh well.

i just bought a used PS2 last week and snapped up a few cheapie games ... figured, now that I have to stay put with the lady for the winter indoors it will help kill some time ... i think i picked it up 2 times for 15 minutes each. I like it, but there is something else I rather do, like figure out ways to make more money. My gut feeling is that I waste time when playing games ... whatever ... its good to shoot some shit up once in awhile.

anyway, $40 for your 360? :loco:

Mass Effect was the best game I played in the last 5 years. It also made me realize how boring my life is and how badly I wish I was born 300 years from now to be able to travel through the galaxy :(

Yeah, Ninja Gaiden Sigma is on the PS3 which is the same game I've been playing on the original Xbox for years just with a few additions. I'm such a fan of Ninja Gaiden it's the only reason I got an Xbox in the first place. I'd much rather have a PS3 but Ninja Gaiden 2 might be enough to make me change my mind. Tough call.

Bought The Witcher today. Excited to play it, though it will have to wait as i am in the middle of Neverwinter Nights 2 atm.

The witcher was easily the best game of 2007 for me... Hoping for a sequel. Now waiting for Mike to finish the first book that it's based on so I can read it.

/Johanna

my wife is playing the guitar right now. she's already beating the medium level.

im usually drums or vocals

Bought The Witcher today. Excited to play it, though it will have to wait as i am in the middle of Neverwinter Nights 2 atm.

I got so bored of this not long after finally getting to neverwinter. The story is mediocre, and so was the gameplay.

The witcher was easily the best game of 2007 for me... Hoping for a sequel. Now waiting for Mike to finish the first book that it's based on so I can read it.

/Johanna

Definetly game of the year. Quite clearly. I'm hoping to have more time in the next while to really get serious about the game. As far as getting the books, I gotta try and track that down... where'd you guys find it?