Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Out of curiosity, is the PS3 really an "excellent" blu-ray player? I have no clue about that kind of thing but when Pioneer's retails for $1000, there's got to be some stuff missing from the $400 PS3. Am i rite?

is it just me or is the PS3 HUUUGE? ... compared to the PS2's size ... just how much shit is inside it?

Which has more RPG games, 360 or PS3?

In 5 years when I'm officially behind the times I'll purchase the one that has more of said style games, because 99% of other genres become worthless after 10 minutes with me.

Which has more RPG games, 360 or PS3?

In 5 years when I'm officially behind the times I'll purchase the one that has more of said style games, because 99% of other genres become worthless after 10 minutes with me.

I think the PS3 will ultimately have more RPGs, being a Japanese console and all.

is it just me or is the PS3 HUUUGE? ... compared to the PS2's size ... just how much shit is inside it?
yeah its bigger than a PS2 (little bit taller) ... but its 5X as badass.

I've only watched T2 on blueray... looked amazing!
I've got T3 and Planet Earth on the way. cant wait to watch Planet Earth BlueRay!

Zod, admit it, you are getting a stipend for promoting the PS3 :lol:. You've damn near sold ME on buying one at this stage.
LOL. And honestly, I'm not really a gamer. I've spent a total of an hour playing video games since I bought the thing. That said, I do follow what games are coming out and what not. Essentially, I bet on Blu-Ray to beat HD-DVD, and got a game system as a bonus. And because I bet on Blu-Ray, I'm invested in seeing it win,

Out of curiosity, is the PS3 really an "excellent" blu-ray player? I have no clue about that kind of thing but when Pioneer's retails for $1000, there's got to be some stuff missing from the $400 PS3. Am i rite?
Yes. If you read CNET's reviews, the PS3 qualifies as a top flight Blu-Ray player.

Zod

51T2JkysrTL._SS400_.jpg

I played this game, a few times, in a 15 snippets, and thought to myself, "It's no Gears of War". However, I'm now hooked. Awesome game.

Zod

They came out with a patch for COD4 and now there is a Christmas version of the map Crash. It's awesome. Air raids now drop exploding presents. :lol:

they helped develop that one game, americas army or whatever....sad times

gotta hand it to them in the realism department though, if you get wounded in the game you have to pay back your enlistment bonus.....just like in real life!