Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

I played both Witcher and Mass Effect, and I gotta say Mass Effect is superior, although I've always been a space geek, so maybe my opinion doesn't count.

I got so bored of this not long after finally getting to neverwinter. The story is mediocre, and so was the gameplay.

Definetly game of the year. Quite clearly. I'm hoping to have more time in the next while to really get serious about the game. As far as getting the books, I gotta try and track that down... where'd you guys find it?

Swedish site www.bokus.se, also available [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Last-Wish-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/0316029181/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199292012&sr=8-1"]here[/ame]

bah... if I ever get that game it'll be on PC, I don't like shooters that much on consoles. I'm not of a fan of CoD either, IMO this is a equivalent of Halo but in a present time.

hmm, like I'll said I'm sure I'll get the game oneday. So far, I've just beaten Mass Effect as an Infiltrator, right now I'm playing the game as a Soldier, and after as an Adept on the hardest difficulty. This is really the only game that ever made me want to play the whole thing again right after beating it.

There's going to be a new Kingdom Under Fire released in a few days, I wonder how it'll turn out (I kinda predict it will suck)

I'm scared to play Mass Effect - both my housemates have it, but I know that if I get started playing it, all constructive activity will cease until I've clocked it.

yeah... it'll really swallow your soul until you beat the game, the story is a real masterpiece. Took me 35 hours to beat it, and I almost did all the side quests. The first time you play the game you always crave for more, with the result of playing for 8 hours non stop and getting to sleep at 3 am :S

Has anyone here gotten hold of the Orange Box and the glory of Portal?

And more importantly, does anyone want to go a round of Team Fortress 2?