Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Hahaha, luckily I never played that one. I've been trying to find some really obscure game for the Genesis though. All I remember is that you were a zombie looking guy in a black trench coat and hat, with two swords. And you went around and used portals, I think. It had a weird name.

so I scored a PS2 used and now need some games.

I want some great flying / shooting games ... like Air Raid :loco:

suggestions?

Hahaha, luckily I never played that one. I've been trying to find some really obscure game for the Genesis though. All I remember is that you were a zombie looking guy in a black trench coat and hat, with two swords. And you went around and used portals, I think. It had a weird name.

YUS!! I found it, it's called Chakan: The Forever Man.

so nobody played any great PS2 games in their time they can recco?
I need stuff that I can lose a game in 3 minutes and try again ... no fucking 3 hour walking virtual battlefields and such looking for lost princesses.

Dude LEGO Star Wars kicks ASS. The second one, I don't know about the first. Unlimited lives, very easy, very fun.

Also try Ratchet and Clank. Everything needs to be essploded in that one.

Caveat: in retrospect, I wouldn't have bought the 360 either. I would've spent the $400 on something else entirely

I installed it last night and played for about 15 minutes. I wasn't overly impressed, but thats hardly a fair attempt. gonna try again when I get a chance.

I own a PS3. However, there's no denying, that the 360 currently has the better line-up of games. That said, the first half of 2008 should belong to Sony. And one of the 360's biggest titles, BioShock, should also be available for PS3 in the Spring.

And of course, with the PS3, you get an excellent Blu-Ray player.

Zod

I'm really torn. On one hand I have my loyalty to PS...they have been good to me. On the other, nearly everyone says 360. 360 definitely has the edge in games right now but PS will catch up...and it's not like I will play 20 or 30 per year, anyway. Then again, it seems like there are more 360 single system titles than there are any other. Shit.

Maybe I will just stock up on PS2 games I have yet to enjoy.

I'm really torn. On one hand I have my loyalty to PS...they have been good to me. On the other, nearly everyone says 360. 360 definitely has the edge in games right now but PS will catch up...and it's not like I will play 20 or 30 per year, anyway. Then again, it seems like there are more 360 single system titles than there are any other. Shit.

Maybe I will just stock up on PS2 games I have yet to enjoy.

Just don't bother getting any of this shite, order yourself some extra hauls, and devote the video game time that you alloted to music.

I own a PS3. However, there's no denying, that the 360 currently has the better line-up of games. That said, the first half of 2008 should belong to Sony. And one of the 360's biggest titles, BioShock, should also be available for PS3 in the Spring.

And of course, with the PS3, you get an excellent Blu-Ray player.

Zod

Zod, admit it, you are getting a stipend for promoting the PS3 :lol:. You've damn near sold ME on buying one at this stage.