Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Dude, seriously, look into the Total War games if you haven't already. If your computer can't really handle newer games, then go for Rome Total War. I was addicted to that shit for a long time.

In Other news, latest addictions of mine are Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (The campaign mode finally clicked iwth me) and Psychonauts (good fun, lots of humor for adults and for kids).

Aiming to finish Mass Effect for the 360 soon. My god what an awesome game. So wellwritten and atmospheric.

Just tried out Metroid Prime III: Corruption for Wii, and it's ace so far. The wii controllers are the most fun ones I've ever tried for FPS (though not necessarily the most accurate or practical ones - then again I might just suck so far) and the gameplay overall is great this far. Anyone else tried it?

Just tried out Metroid Prime III: Corruption for Wii, and it's ace so far. The wii controllers are the most fun ones I've ever tried for FPS (though not necessarily the most accurate or practical ones - then again I might just suck so far) and the gameplay overall is great this far. Anyone else tried it?

A friend of mine finished it in six hours. Value for money, I'd say. Then again he didn't "buy" it so...:Smug:

A friend of mine finished it in six hours. Value for money, I'd say. Then again he didn't "buy" it so...:Smug:

Whöa, that sucks. I expect at least 20 hours of (fun) gameplay from every game I buy or I'd consider it a waste of money. Then again, I'll gladly do every little side quest there is just to have it last longer... I didn't buy it either, I wanted to support and all of that for starters but I simply can't afford to buy the games so I haxed the wii.

I have the complete 3d Metroid series but have only played the first part so far....

List of games I've bought/burned* and need to play:

Mass Effect*
Crysis
Super Mario Galaxy
Zelda - Twilight Princess
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 2 & 3
Paper Mario - The thousand year door

plus a fuckload of 360 games

Excuse me for bumping this but I finished Mass Effect after a mammoth gaming session.

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS. The last 2-3 hours are the best in a game ever. Easily.
Epic as fuck. The long fighting sequence inside the citadel and the endboss fight in particular.

Can't wait for the sequel.