Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

^^ the game has great potential, remaining old school but using all the new technologies to its advantage. For those with xbox live, go download ultimate mortal kombat for some good old memories. They are also gonna release Hyper Street Fighter 2 (remixed for xbox360 HD resolution) pretty soon.

The new street fighter does indeed look awsome, i'll be interested to see which control system they'll be going for, personally im hoping for a mix of III Strike and Alpha 3, but you can never really tell.

I've just got my hands on Kindom Under Fire : Circle of Doom, its pretty good! If you were ever a fan of diablo or champions of norath, this game really is for you.

Well the engine is a bit different and focused upon offense as opposed to defense. Some speculate that it's also going to be a very limited system and will put off competitive players like myself.

A few major things:

-No more parries (e.g. 3rd strike)
-There will still be a super gauge system much like the one in Super Turbo. There will also be desperation moves that one can perform upon reaching red-gauge (near death.)
-The system will not have EX moves like 3rd strike.
-Also there's a new mechanic called Dash-cancelling. It's done by cancelling normals into specials via a special command. This combo system could be what limits it.
-All of the original World Warrior cast is going to return plus a new character called Crimson Viper among others.
- Shen Long is also confirmed. Originally Shen Long was brought about by an EGM rumor as a Street Fighter character. Shen Long, meaning "Dragon Punch" in Japanese, was a misnomer in Ryu's famous win quote: "You must defeat Shen Long to stand a chance." In an effort to piss everyone off EGM announced him as playable character in a young version of Street Fighter 2. In Super Turbo this rumor was brought to reality when Akuma was created and made playable as a hidden character/boss. Capcom has now pushed it further to bring to life the original rumor by creating Shen Long.
-The game hits Japanese arcades this summer and will shortly be released for all major next-gen consoles thereafter.
- The creator of this game had a part in the creation of Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. He is also the creator of Capcom Fighting Jam. Having received hundreds upon hundreds of death threats he has openly announced he's afraid to not cater to hardcore players. For his sake, I hope he doesn't fuck it up. Japs are insane.

More Screens: www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213478_1124.html

Also, Jack, Alpha 3 is a bad, bad game. Jump-cancel glitch = stupid. Not to mention, the top tier (V-ism Akuma among others) damn near ruins the game. It is very unbalanced all around.

:Smokin: I need better hobbies.

I went to Dave and Busters a few weeks ago, and after wandering around dropping a few e-tokens on all the mindless shooting games over a 2 hour period, spent the rest of the evening playing Space Invaders whilst getting shitfaced.

That game is older than me and kicks the shit out of everything else in that fun-forsaken pit.

eh I was talking about the new version of SFII that they're about to release on xbox live.

Ah, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix. Yeah, it should be pretty sweet. First 2d fighter to be presented in 1080i. It includes 2 modes. One mode is the HD Remix where they've rebalanced the game and changed various things to make it more noob-friendly. Such as easier reversals (as opposed to one frame reversals on wakeup) and easier execution. For example, Zangiefs throw is no longer a 270 degree motion, it's now just 180 degrees. Also some characters have been given new moves such as Ryu's new fireball feint. With that Akuma is supposedly going to be nerfed so he can be used in tournament play. There will also be a classic mode which caters to the hardcore. Most of us can't stomach the idea of making something "easier" to bring new players into the community. The difficulty of high level Super Turbo is what brought it to its legendary status today and I think that changing it to appeal to an ease-oriented generation of gamers insults what it originally was. Some think making motions easier won't change the strategy but I beg to differ. In the games prime not only was solid strategy praised but so was execution and the ability to do things such as "whiff cancels" in order to combo into supers. Now that they are taking the difficult motions away it detracts from not just the gameplay as it will be but the image the game had when it was the mainstay of arcades across the world.

snap0004.jpg

8-BIT TETRIS YEAH!

So I just had my breakthrough with Sins of a Solar Empire last night, it starts off dreadfully slow ( I might recommend putting resources on High, going to test that out tonight) and I was worried I wouldn't like it. But I stuck it out last night, and the resources started to roll in a bit faster as my planets got more developed and I had more extractors running.

Once you learn how to deal with certain things, they aren#t annoying anymore, they're actually really cool. I'm totally loving it already and I think it will get even better as I get more used to it.

It's also one of those companies you should support even if you aren't a huge fan of the game. In this day and age having a DRM free game where the only thing you lose out on by stealing it is patches and updates (which are heavily fan influenced, and of high quality)... how can you not buy their stuff without feeling guilty?

This one and his other wiimote vidz are so fucking kool. That dude is my new idol, and it's people like him who define the future of interactive electronics.

The Future

is

NOW!

Last edited by a moderator:
agreed. Creative Ideas like that are what are going to make gaming really cool in the next 20 years. Assuming we don't all die in a catasrophic war.

The mandolin in the corner is cool too.

agreed. Creative Ideas like that are what are going to make gaming really cool in the next 20 years. Assuming we don't all die in a catasrophic war.

The mandolin in the corner is cool too.

IN the next 20 years definitely, as proven the technology is already here so the next generation consoles will utilize this to a grand level I'm sure.

Another really really cool future is now-object is the theremin

Invented in 1919 and still hitekker than flying saucers.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I just had my breakthrough with Sins of a Solar Empire last night, it starts off dreadfully slow ( I might recommend putting resources on High, going to test that out tonight) and I was worried I wouldn't like it. But I stuck it out last night, and the resources started to roll in a bit faster as my planets got more developed and I had more extractors running.

Once you learn how to deal with certain things, they aren#t annoying anymore, they're actually really cool. I'm totally loving it already and I think it will get even better as I get more used to it.

It's also one of those companies you should support even if you aren't a huge fan of the game. In this day and age having a DRM free game where the only thing you lose out on by stealing it is patches and updates (which are heavily fan influenced, and of high quality)... how can you not buy their stuff without feeling guilty?
cool, I'll probably buy the game once I have a new computer.