Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

360 is so much better than PS3. The games are by far better, and just the gameplay itself kills PS3, though I'm basing this off only a few trials of the PS3. I need to get my 360 fixed actually, the xbox live won't fucking work which is the whole point of the system, tbh. I don't really play video games anymore, but I'm sure this will change as soon as the new GTA is released.

am I the only one who thinks the whole GTA, along with Halo, series are overrated??? I'd take a game like AVP2, Mass Effect, Sins of a Solar Empire, or Silent Hunter 3 anytime before these games. Anyway.... Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is gonna be out in like 2 weeks, and it's gonna kick ass.

After a 6 month break from CS, i've gotten back into it.

Game is a lot less boring now that I haven't played it for a while.

Before that 6 month break I've been playing every day since CS 1.2 pretty much.

Being close to competitive gamers and a past counterstrike player myself, I totally agree with the idea that Halo does indeed sucks balls. Huge hitboxes that extend past the visible 3d models, the movement isn't as responsive as some better games either. Not to mention the weaponry's recoil is generally blegh. I do think the single player campaigns are pretty fun but it's not a game to be taken seriously with online play. Also, I don't think a first person shooter is good without a keyboard and a mouse :loco: Hmm, I think I'll download cs 1.6 now.

I totally agree with the idea that Halo does indeed sucks balls. Huge hitboxes that extend past the visible 3d models, the movement isn't as responsive as some better games either. Not to mention the weaponry's recoil is generally blegh.

Thats the "made for consoles" effect. Thats why most console ports blow, its for a dumbed down audience with a mediocre control device.

Wow, you guys are fucking nerds (no disrespect intended). I can't believe this thread is still going. I haven't touched my 360 in months. Video games suddenly became so boring. I think it coincided with becoming an adult......at age 31. :loco:

*paging Dr. Lurch*

am I the only one who thinks the whole GTA, along with Halo, series are overrated??? I'd take a game like AVP2, Mass Effect, Sins of a Solar Empire, or Silent Hunter 3 anytime before these games. Anyway.... Rainbow Six Vegas 2 is gonna be out in like 2 weeks, and it's gonna kick ass.

I thought GTA3 was terribly overrated although amusing to watch friends play for some reason. Halo 3 is not a good game by any stretch of the imagination - let alone Game of the Year or whatever it's supposed to be. Halo 2 was the best of the series. I haven't played a good game since my first post in this thread - Black, I think it was.

I thought GTA3 was terribly overrated although amusing to watch friends play for some reason. Halo 3 is not a good game by any stretch of the imagination - let alone Game of the Year or whatever it's supposed to be. Halo 2 was the best of the series. I haven't played a good game since my first post in this thread - Black, I think it was.
Have you played Call of Duty 4?

Zod

5v5 de_inferno ours cal im ++ NO PUGS ???? :heh:

yea i played a lot of CS, played cal for many a season shhh don't tell anyone.
I still play dod occasionally, it's funnn :cool:

EDIT: i actually created a team for a few seasons. Our name was Creating Illusions. Awesome people should obviously know where that is from.

5v5 de_inferno ours cal im ++ NO PUGS ???? :heh:

yea i played a lot of CS, played cal for many a season shhh don't tell anyone.
I still play dod occasionally, it's funnn :cool:

EDIT: i actually created a team for a few seasons. Our name was Creating Illusions. Awesome people should obviously know where that is from.

oh noes cal i :oops::err:

I'm officially addicted to Worms: Open Warfare 2. Any of you with a psp should seriously consider it. It's definitely as good as Armegeddon or World Party. Also, the customization options are pretty epic.

Age of Conan has a lot of potential for an MMO..... no more faggy elves and grumpy dwarves. Bring on the beheading.