Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

You guys are striving for ever higher levels of geekiness. I can't even compete.
Elves? Fuck that shit. You guys probably never bothered to check out Black (post #1) because there's no unicorns involved.
:loco:

You guys are striving for ever higher levels of geekiness. I can't even compete.
Elves? Fuck that shit. You guys probably never bothered to check out Black (post #1) because there's no unicorns involved.

Black was alright for a console FPS... played it at one point when my PC was down due to blown GFX card.

Can't stand console FPS anymore though... can only aim with a mouse and keyboard myself.

Black? I never bothered because it received bad reviews and looked just like another random fps :cool:

The only game in which I can endure elves is Oblivion, because dark elves make very good assassins.

I found CoD4 uninspiring, and multiplayer FPS games just don't do it for me anymore. I'm waiting on Age of Conan and Warhammer Online to play with my dad, otherwise I'm playing Dawn of War, STALKER and Medieval 2. Thinking of checking out Gothic 3, apparently with all the patches its no longer technically "fucked".

I'm waiting on Age of Conan and Warhammer Online to play with my dad,

Bro, this is nerd shit that never ends. (See Mormagil's signature for details). Call of Duty on the other hand is a game for men! Sniping ruskas from a darkened knoll in the countryside is as metal as it gets. Thank God I don't have xbox live, or you may never hear from me again.

You're late to the party? I just started playing Diablo 2, Starcraft, etc...

My friend said he was playing NHL 95 on a Genesis the other day. My other friend regularly plays early 90s sports games on his Genesis as well. Neither have children or they wouldnt be playing games at all - like me.

Don't get me wrong, I love old games. It's just that my brother buys games and then rants and raves about how great they are, but I never play them. Then, 5-10 years later I finally do and smack myself in the head for not playing them sooner.

I just finished Mass Effect today after buying it last week. That game gave me a huge boner. I wish it were longer. Glad to see they have announced a sequel.

edit: actually it appears that it is going to be a trilogy. sweet.