Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Bro, this is nerd shit that never ends. (See Mormagil's signature for details). Call of Duty on the other hand is a game for men! Sniping ruskas from a darkened knoll in the countryside is as metal as it gets. Thank God I don't have xbox live, or you may never hear from me again.

Rainbow Six is a game for men and has always been a game for men, where you can use cover and ambush enemies that don't have 10000000 hitpoints and need you to empty your entire magasine to take out. I saw a video of CoD4 where a car exploded just next to a guy and he just walked away like nothing happened.

Tactical shooters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> arcade shooters

modded slim psp for the win. all sorts of cool homebrew stuff out there. it was a bitch to mod it but well worth it.

I'm sure some of you played EverQuest back in the day, so this may be of interest.
EQClassic is a project currently being developed with an intent to recreate EverQuest as it existed before the release of the Shadows of Luclin. Based on an original spawn database, this server aims to be the most accurate recreation of the EverQuest servers ever created. Using a client that predates many of the expansions, the EQClassic server will utilize its own custom loginserver and will be capable of hosting thousands of players eager to play EverQuest again at its prime. The server will feature among other things, the original user interface, character models, zones, spells, sounds, textures, music and NPC spawns. The server will be a great experience for past players of EverQuest as well as new players who never had the opportunity to see Norrath at its prime.

While the campaign in COD4 rocks hard, the online is a complete bore. This game came out 7 years ago, it was called Counter-Strike. Speaking of which, this game does not hold a candle to that legendary fps. COD4's online is too chaotic, the maps are cluttered, the close up fighting is anti-climatic, and the whole ranking system is a fucking farce.

Im pretty pumped for GTAIV on the 29th, multiplayer will be a blast.

How are the new COD4 maps? Im going to get them on the 15th when the Halo3 maps come out (Lockout remake FTW)

I downloaded Planescape: Torment a few days ago. So far, this is the best RPG I ever played. Dialogues are neat, the story is very well done and the whole theme of "what life is after death" (cause you play during what they call the "shadow of life", your reincarnation after your first death) is very interesting. It's an interesting view on what death is. Plus, the floating skull "Morte" as a sidekick is damn hilarious.

Yeah, I never managed to finish that game, I keep stopping at some point despite loving it. I was playing it again but just don't have time for RPGs.