Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Shadow of the Colossus
Bought this last summer based on all the great reviews, and I've still yet to play it for more than a couple hours. The atmosphere and concept are awesome, but the controls are horribly unresponsive. I can't make myself play it because it handles like shit, it's a chore to do anything.

Bought this last summer based on all the great reviews, and I've still yet to play it for more than a couple hours. The atmosphere and concept are awesome, but the controls are horribly unresponsive. I can't make myself play it because it handles like shit, it's a chore to do anything.

Hmmm... I've never heard anybody complain about the controls before. The only things about them that annoyed me at first were concerning the horse. Before I knew you could do a jumping grab onto the saddle and before I realized that you only need gentle prods with him and that his AI is actually pretty decent. After that, I thought the controls were great. They're responsive, forgiving, and intuitive. Play it a bit more and before you know it, you'll be pulling off awesome shit.

Began playing Suikoden II this evening, 2D RPGs FTW! When I eventually topple this one months down the line I'm going to dled Shining Force III.

Then I will officially retire from videogames. (Unless someone can recommend another awesome old school rpg)

I may also try Xenogears, Vandal Hearts 2, and one of the final fantasy games (only played VII). I need to buy a psp so I can do all my gaming at work like a normal American.

If you haven't played Chrono Trigger, do, its the best RPG of the SNES era.

Xenogears and Final Fantasy 6/3 (same game) or Final Fantasy 8 should keep you busy for quite a while.

Also, the Star Ocean games, fucking ace (besides the latest one for the PS2, that one can go suck a fuck. Too many stupid plot points). Lunar: Silver Star Story, also ace.

IN other news, I played GTA4 for several hours straight, and I must say, this is already a contender for game of the year.

Theres so much shit to do that I'm honestly overwhelmed and glad that the internet granted me a 5 day head start on most every one.

And it seems my copy of Turok arrived yesterday for the PC. I'm expecting to install this beast, which is on 2 fucking DVD's, and then be seriously disappointed.

Yeah.

I expected it, considering it was at pressing AGES ago... surely someone was gonna snag a copy. X360 version of course. Of course, the copy I have on preorder is for the ps3, so I guess I'm gonna have to play through it twice.

Can't wait to try multiplayer, since sadly the leak obviously doesn't support multiplayer and will probably get you banned from live if you try to access it.

Now I'm waiting for MGS4 to leak, because I've been waiting for that since MGS3, and June is definitely not coming fast enough. Fuck delays, this game should have been in my hands in March.

Also, the Star Ocean games, fucking ace (besides the latest one for the PS2, that one can go suck a fuck. Too many stupid plot points). Lunar: Silver Star Story, also ace.

Oh hell yes. Star Ocean 2 was fucking amazing. One of my favorite games ever. I couldn't believe how they ruined the third one and likewise any installment to come with that retarded plot twist.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33308.html?type=flv

Fucking hell, I cannot wait for this game much longer. I was a big fan of Sacred 1, despite the problems it had, and ever since it was announced that BG was doing portions of the soundtrack and were going to be playable characters (apparently this came about with both parties, the devs and BG, were big fans of each other), I've been waiting and waiting.

Atleast I have a trailer now.

Can't fucking wait to play as Hansi.

I liked Sacred 1 a little bit. I love the concepts and the storyline, but it was waaaaaaay too much hack and slash.

I'll probably end up trying it out.