Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Finished Assassins Creed today.

I am on a game finishing roll. I have beat every game I have have bought for my 360 before buying another. I bought the 360 the first week of march, and have finished 7 games since then.

Assassin's creed was a bit disappointing... at the very least, once you beat the game, you don't have any reason to play it again.

At first I was saying, "This game fucking rules!" then later I was saying " Wow, this is awfully repetitive." Every city and every section is exactly the same thing.

yup.... so. I'm still playing Planescape Torment. Man, this game takes forever to complete, but holy shit is there stuff to do!? I like how they stayed away from the conventionnal MMO thingy: No mana bars, all the action takes place in a city, instead of taking quests in a town then leaving outside to complete them. All the dark side of the game is intriguing. Can't wait to get to the end.

Bioshock for sure. Jerry.. between you and me- don't listen to these punks, just play Bioshock.

Maximus, I played it all the way through and loved every single minute of it. Is there anything else worthwhile out there to waste my time on, or should I stick to listening to tunes?!? I'm looking for nothing but 5 star classics that can justify the time being spent on them. Bioshock, Suikoden, FF7, games with kick ass storylines that are an enriching experience as far as VGs go . Not interested in Mass Effect due to the controls being mediocre. Ruleage only por flavor! :loco:

360, PS1/2 only gracias. Ugh I feel queezy. :ill:

well, if you can get Planescape: Torment on a torrent, get it and play it. Graphic-wise, it's like Diablo II. Gameplay wise, it's immense.

Also, if you have a joystick, get Freespace II now!! Most epic space battles ever.

The only game I have a remote interest in playing is Suikoden II. Why must the fucking thing go for $100+ USD?!? Hmmm, I should just buy a 1.5 PSP and get the iso. [/Ownquestionanswered]

The only game I have a remote interest in playing is Suikoden II. Why must the fucking thing go for $100+ USD?!? Hmmm, I should just buy a 1.5 PSP and get the iso. [/Ownquestionanswered]

I had 2 copies of that bastard at one point... gave one to a friend, not knowing that it would become one of the holy grails of the PS age.

The other sits in a box, waiting to be replayed many times for years to come.

I still have a pretty good collection of "Those PS games that go off on ebay for shit tons of money"... Ehrgeiz, Chocobo Racing, Xenogears, Persona 2, Valkyrie Profile (which I've been offered up to $150 for)... plus about 100 more games sitting in a box. I'm sure down the line, I'll be able to sell this whole collection, with 2 ps1's which I make sure to keep in working order, for quite a bit of change.

Suikoden ranks up in the top 5 games of all time for me. Does the sequel live up to the hype?!? I'm considering shelling out the shekels to pick it up, play it through, and then throw it back up on ebay to get my mook tokens back. God damn do I regret selling FF7, FFTactics, Suikoden, etc. These nextgen games can not compete with the oldies.

Suikoden ranks up in the top 5 games of all time for me. Does the sequel live up to the hype?!? I'm considering shelling out the shekels to pick it up, play it through, and then throw it back up on ebay to get my mook tokens back. God damn do I regret selling FF7, FFTactics, Suikoden, etc. These nextgen games can not compete with the oldies.

Suikoden 1 2 and 3 are great, then 4 came along and destroyed everything I loved dearly about the series. I hear Suikoden 5 is grand, but I have yet to play it.

I'm currently about to play GTA4... fuck yeah for a modded x360 and game leaks!

So I have ePSXe set up and Suikoden II dled. How the fuck do I mount the Iso file?!?! Yea, I could browse the net for info, but this forum's in desperate need of topics.

Ahh fuck it, I'm off to watch Hell's Kitchen.

So I have ePSXe set up and Suikoden II dled. How the fuck do I mount the Iso file?!?! Yea, I could browse the net for info, but this forum's in desperate need of topics.

Ahh fuck it, I'm off to watch Hell's Kitchen.

File > Run ISO

If the ISO is in a rar or zip, unzip it first of course.

Fuck I love epsxe... have my PC out to my TV, and a ps2controller usb connection, everything works like a charm.