Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

it received very low scores, with an average of 5. Honestly I didn't expect much from that game. It looked like another clone of Far Cry/Crysis with no story to back it whatsoever.

goddam it I think you're right

While on the subject, I'm depressed that I missed the 10th anniversary of Lebowski. I could've sworn I saw it in mid- to late-summer 1998 but according to IMDB is was released in March. Fail!

Pretty pissed right now... my preorder game has not even fucking shipped yet. Possibly getting a buddy key from someone if he can figure out the system which should keep me playing for a few days, but god dammit does that piss me off.

My closed beta account is still open... but fuck, can't bring my character over so its kinda pointless. Though, hopefully they keep it open for when the major patches start rolling out so I can play with them first and complain first.

Pretty pissed right now... my preorder game has not even fucking shipped yet. Possibly getting a buddy key from someone if he can figure out the system which should keep me playing for a few days, but god dammit does that piss me off.

My closed beta account is still open... but fuck, can't bring my character over so its kinda pointless. Though, hopefully they keep it open for when the major patches start rolling out so I can play with them first and complain first.

My dad and I have our retail boxes, but the keys don't work. Wrote customer support and they said "oh, its no problem, they're already installed in your account." Go to play today: Nope.

Check account status: Frozen.

Fuckers. :heh::heh:

Andrew: there is a website you can go to, enter your cd key and then youre redirected somewhere with instructions on how to obtain a functioning key. Check the games website/forum.

Would be nice if we could access the official forums without a retail key...

The beta forums are where everyone is complaining about it since the ones who are getting shit for support on the issue can't bitch on the regular forums. Never seen so many people bitch about the same problem in any MMO, asides from the Demonologist exploit (from this game), haha.

Great game, shit support.

My box has yet to ship from Amazon. Wonderful... what the fuck is the point of preordering again?

Funny, as soon as I posted my bitching on the funcom forums, this came out:

Dear Early Access Customer,

As you may know, today was the deadline for registering a retail key to continue playing Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.

From reading our forums and support emails, we’ve discovered there have been some issues with regional distribution and retail shipments not making it out on time. While this is only the case for a minority of the players, we understand this would leave some of our players with no way to access the game until these shipping difficulties have been resolved. Even though we do not control the distribution and shipping process for Age of Conan, we have however decided to do what we can.

As a result we will extend the Early Access grace period a few more days, meaning that you can continue to play through Friday, 30 May 2008. After Saturday, 31st May at Noon GMT, you will need to enter a retail key to continue playing.

We hope these additional days are sufficient so that everyone who has pre-ordered will get their Age of Conan retail box in time.

Sincerely
The Age of Conan development team

I HAVE THE POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Andrew: there is a website you can go to, enter your cd key and then youre redirected somewhere with instructions on how to obtain a functioning key. Check the games website/forum.

Yeah, I know, the problem is they claimed my key was working when it actually wasn't. GOnna write them another email a bit later, since they haven't answered mine.

man the support for AoC is shit.

key-replacement@ageofconan.com

edit: just tried to login to the retail forums, 6 days later its finally working. Checked my account status, and its now "playable until 2008-06-30". Slow service, that doesn#t speak with you, but at least its finally fixed. GOod luck Eric, it'll just take about a week of yelling at them. Try spamming them with links to Warhammer Online websites, guides, forum-posts, etc.

Then sum up your mails by saying "Poor service won't keep me playing your game, look what I've been doing with my spare time... <WAR Links here>"

Well, in the end, its more of amazons fault... the fact they took the money already and have no shipped it pisses me off greatly. I am not paying twice for the same product. Amazon's response to this matter was "We're trying our hardest to get everything out..." etc.

Funnily enough, I did mention in the beta forums that I was going to just go play Mass Effect... :lol:

Edit: Which my copy of that didn't show up today at gamestop like it was supposed to. They said "maybe" tomorrow. The guy who runs the place made a sad but true joke about how they're pretty sure I'm the only person who plays, let alone buys, PC games in this town.

Funnily enough, I did mention in the beta forums that I was going to just go play Mass Effect... :lol:

Good choice. I've been waiting to play Mass Effect forever, almost broke down and bought a console.

AoC ... just something to differ slightly from WoW for a few months for those who are bored. Between AoC and Warhammer though, AoC is in significantly better shape.

All I know is i'm glad im out of WoW. Between that and EQ it's humorous how much of my life i've wasted on MMOs o_O No more of that shit!

All I know is i'm glad im out of WoW. Between that and EQ it's humorous how much of my life i've wasted on MMOs o_O No more of that shit!

I don't find MMOs so bad, seeing as how I play mostly with friends who are around the world. 15 bucks a month is cheaper than plane tickets.

I don't find MMOs so bad, seeing as how I play mostly with friends who are around the world. 15 bucks a month is cheaper than plane tickets.

MMOs arent bad when you play casually. They are bad when all you do is play them. That's what I was inferring. The more time you put in, the more hollow you feel when you realize it fully.

It's worth it. Mass effect was friggin awesome.

Yeah, not sure how I held back. I wanted a console for both Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect, but Assassin's Creed was rather boring/repetitive. Anyways, Mass Effect is out for PC now, will be playing it tonight!

So I've had GTA 4 for a few days now and I'm feeling like it's just GTA 3 in a different setting. It's actually even less fun because there's no wide open spaces for which to avoid police for miles on end.
I'm worried that I'm participating in a strange phenomenon known as maybe I'm too old for video games

Jonathon, I've noticed that you keep on mentioning your age in every other post you pen your name to. Are you really having a mid-life crisis at the ripe old age of 30? God damn, what marriage and children do to some people. You need to take up rock climbing or something of that sort to get your youthful juices flowing again. Fucking aye man, you sound like you're about ready to roll over and get your prostate examined.