Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

I still haven't moved on to STALKER Clear Sky... been too busy with mods in the original. And now there's a 3rd one coming later this year. I fucking HATE getting behind on this shit.

What's everybody's take on Red Dead Redemption? I never had the chance to play Red Dead Revolver, nor am I really a fan of Rockstar's glorification of gangbanging. With that being said, this looks pretty interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't ever trust those advertisements. There's no indication that the gameplay will be any good. Maybe it's not that far in production but still.

Never played the first one, but this one looks like a huge rip-off of Gun which was a pretty fun game for the most part. Not because it's set in the old West, just the style of game it comes off as.

Yes, it was good. So was Gun which I believe I "reviewed" in my original post right here in this thread

so i received the E74 error on my SECOND Xbox360 (my first one had the same problem), which means the "hardware scaler chip" is damaged. now ive got to go to Best Buy AGAIN and request a new one, AGAIN, which will be my third in under two years. im very happy i purchased best buy's extended warranty.

does anyone know if i can just request they give me a playstation 3 instead? im tired of worrying and dealing with the red ring of death. or did microsoft actually get off their rich asses and fix it in new consoles?

i will never buy another new microsoft product again.

look at y'all whining about microsoft on your fancy windows xp machines

hail software activism ... linux will set you free ... your mind .. and soul

found my receipt.

original purchase - December 07
first replacement - September 08
second replacement - May 09

terrible product. it seems they last about 9 months. hopefully i can buy another two year warranty tomorrow, since it expires this december

the new 360s are supposed to be better and run cooler but i think if you got one in sept 08 it should have been one of the newer designs

theyre shit either way compared to any durable console but they have definitely tried doing something about all the issues

you probably know this but you need to make sure it stands in a well ventilated area, like absolutely not crammed into a shelf or some shit, put it standing up smack bang in the middle of the floor and never touch it/bump into it while it is powered on

it says you're not even supposed to move it with a disc in it ever even when its off doesn't it?

i've knocked / bumped mine a fuckton of times, 'cause i'm clumsy like hell, and its still running. but the games i have are boring so i use it to watch movies.

I got one of the first release X-boxes way back in '07 or whatever, and straight away had a hard drive problem; wouldn't play a thing. Took it back and got a new one the same day, had the same problem. They gave me a new hard-drive, same day, haven't had a problem since. But yeah, Microsoft's gay.

So i went to Best Buy, the dude plugged it in, saw the error message and said "I've seen enough". Obviously they get this all the time. He said I could choose which XBox360 package I wanted. Naturally I chose the Elite with two free games (Halo 3 and Fable II), and didn't have to pay a dime in regards to this, even though my old one was a Pro.

However, this being my second returned one, I had fulfilled all of the extended warranty coverage, which is an infinite number of returns the first year and only one the second year. So, this was my one for the second year coverage. So I of course bought another extended warranty to cover these pieces of shit.

So, all told, I paid $120 for Halo3, Fable II, a bigger better hard drive, two more years of coverage, a working XBox360 that is black instead of white, a new undamaged controller since my old one was thrown down from frustration, and piece of mind. Not bad.

So i went to Best Buy, the dude plugged it in, saw the error message and said "I've seen enough". Obviously they get this all the time. He said I could choose which XBox360 package I wanted. Naturally I chose the Elite with two free games (Halo 3 and Fable II), and didn't have to pay a dime in regards to this, even though my old one was a Pro.

However, this being my second returned one, I had fulfilled all of the extended warranty coverage, which is an infinite number of returns the first year and only one the second year. So, this was my one for the second year coverage. So I of course bought another extended warranty to cover these pieces of shit.

So, all told, I paid $120 for Halo3, Fable II, a bigger better hard drive, two more years of coverage, a working XBox360 that is black instead of white, a new undamaged controller since my old one was thrown down from frustration, and piece of mind. Not bad.

Motherfucker! I can't wait until I get RRoD:headbang:

What is RRoD? You guys are scaring me about my 360. I don't play it anymore so I shouldn't really care. When my son was learning to get around and turn things on, he would turn on my 360 and then shut the cabinet door. I'd find it later about to catch on fire
:lol:

What is RRoD? You guys are scaring me about my 360. I don't play it anymore so I shouldn't really care. When my son was learning to get around and turn things on, he would turn on my 360 and then shut the cabinet door. I'd find it later about to catch on fire

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YX6L30uPaE&feature=related[/ame]

I've had mine for 2 years with no issues. Maybe people just don't know how to take care of their investments.

So I've been playing some Ninja Gaiden 2 for 360 and some Dark Sector. Both are really excellent! Ninja Gaiden 2 is hard as fuck though. I dread trying hard mode or whatever else it has to offer. Dark Sector is pretty basic but the glaive mechanic is hilarious. I also played Street Fighter IV for awhile but I refuse to touch it unless I'm going to a tournament. I've got as far as I need to in the game to pound in some faces. I'd go into some nonsensical rant about frame data but it wouldn't be of much use to anyone here or most people in general. :Smug: Street Fighter 3 will make a resurgence in the community soon enough. Other than that, you hoes should gay it up and play some gunbound online with me. :lol:

You've seriously never heard of the Red Ring of Death? If you get it, your Xbox360 is toast.