Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

I just beat star ocean second evolution for the psp other day, remake of the ps1 version, second story. Totally badass rpg, probably a top 5 for me all time.

Today I had the gaming bug. I threw on Call of Duty World at War, got bored after 5 minutes, then proceeded to play Boulder Dash for the next hour and a half. I wasn't waxing nostalgia, it's simply the better game of the two.

Battlefield 1943 demolishes all other current fps . Air raids, dog fighting, tank mayhem, delivering blunt force trauma with a wrench, properly timed flag capture, and unlike C.O.D it possesses a team oriented and well paced feel to it all. Call of Dooty is complete ass by comparison. A mere $10 kopecks for this downloadable gem.

Speaking of downloadable gems, Shadow Complex also receives my highest recommendation.

I bought Silpheed: The Lost Planet for $4 a few weeks ago. The dude asked me when I was going to upgrade to a PS3 and I realized that I was probably playing The Legend of Zelda before he was even born. Nice shooter, btw.

Battlefield 1943 demolishes all other current fps . Air raids, dog fighting, tank mayhem, delivering blunt force trauma with a wrench, properly timed flag capture, and unlike C.O.D it possesses a team oriented and well paced feel to it all. Call of Dooty is complete ass by comparison. A mere $10 kopecks for this downloadable gem.

Speaking of downloadable gems, Shadow Complex also receives my highest recommendation.

Yeah, most people consider 1942 the best of the Battlefield series. Never played it myself, I enjoyed 2142 though - the combination Jet/Helicopter gunships they had were fun to fly.

CoD is fucking awful. I'll never play that shit.

Finally got my hands on Quake 4. The game is pretty neat, but the the quality of graphics is horrible. Dead Space is cooler but I got tired of shitting my pants every minute of the game.

Stalker is way better than quake 4 tbh. Dead Space was okish, but I got bored of it... the strategic dismemberment was more like spray n' pray dismemberment

Oh ya. I have been looking forward to Dragon Age for a long time. It looks so great. The pc version was supposed to be released a while ago, which I suppose I do not mind if it makes the end product a better release.

yeah, and its SUPPOSED to be Suck-u-ROM free... but we'll see. It is in the end an EA release, so its risky like a discount hooker...

Will Steam be carrying it? If so, problem solved either way. I've actually broken down and taken to actually preferring to buy games online nowadays... at least from Steam. I wouldn't buy it from Direct Drive or especially the EA Downloader - fuck that.

At any rate, been looking foward to Dragon Age for quite some time. A friend of mine has been mentioning Borderlands a lot so I'm interested in it as well. It'll come out a week prior to Dragon Age - supposedly a similar game to Diablo in terms of things such as skill trees and millions of items - except it's an FPS, not topdown hack n slash.