Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Eye of the Beholder with my 20 Mhz computer back in the early 90s kicked so much ass

That's exactly what happened to me! I have been trying to figure some of the commands in the game, and figure everything out. When I fell asleep, I was in a loop off these weird screens over and over trying to figure how to keep on playing, but I'd do something, like wake up, go back into it, and I'd be back exactly where I started. I was so stressed out about it. Fucking hell.

haha yes, it's hateful. i don't remember when it last happened to me i don't think. a few months ago maybe? i think CSS has done that and probably several RPGs :/ your dreams aren't necessarily as easily controllable as the game you've been playing.

I sometimes have video game dreams. I had one once that combined Warcraft 3 and CS. That was an interesting one. A tauren chieftan was chasing me around the Militia map.

Usually they're GTA or HalfLife-esque.

19 hours right now. Fighting the "Great Wyrm" in the one forest currently. All of my characters are being ass raped with status effects and I currently have it paused and am having a small hissy fit.

edit: haha super-nerd moment: I was so convinced that NHL 1993 was cheating that I videotaped a game. Sure enough, a shot by Pierre Turgeon went in the goal, paused, and went back out. I had the tape up until a few years ago. It was one of my finer moments.

:lol: :lol:

Getting BF2142 later on today.

Ive read several reviews about the blu ray disc thign and most of what Ive read has said that there wasnt much difference in the quality and some of it was actually poorer looking than DVD, i wish theyd stop making new shit anyway because I have hundreds of dvds and cds and I am gonna be pissed when i have to transfer everything again. Total bullshit.

Yeah, I love it. It's always something new. In reality it's companies and their engineers trying to justify their existence. Blu-ray; give me a break.

I'm reading several articles saying the PS3 isn't really that great, and that the Wii launch is cool and all, but lacks any good games (cept zelda). So yeah, ironically enough, the smart choice would be the xbox 360?

My regular XBOX seems to be holding up just fine. I don't know what the fuss is all about. The only problem is a total lack of quality hockey games, for which I *will* have to upgrade to the 360 to be able to play.

I purchased Dragon Quest VIII the other day because it was cheap. This will be the first time I've played a DQ game since Dragon Warrior on NES in the frickin' 80's. It seems the only video games I ever actually finish anymore are the cartoonish RPG types, Ys VI and both Lunar games being the last ones I completed.

Also I'm still working my way through Final Fantasy IV, I was at the dwarves bit last time I played several weeks ago.

:kickass: Ys VI :kickass:

I purchased Dragon Quest VIII the other day because it was cheap. This will be the first time I've played a DQ game since Dragon Warrior on NES in the frickin' 80's. It seems the only video games I ever actually finish anymore are the cartoonish RPG types, Ys VI and both Lunar games being the last ones I completed.

Also I'm still working my way through Final Fantasy IV, I was at the dwarves bit last time I played several weeks ago.

:kickass: Ys VI :kickass:

I heard that DQVIII is pretty damn long, good luck!

Yeah I read that after I bought the game, it'll probably lose my interest before I'm done. :loco:

I never finished Xenosaga, that shit just got fucking BORING. Xenogears is probably my all time favorite video game too, first time took me probably 60 hours but years later I went through it again and it ruled even more. Oh well, sequels always were for the dogs anyhow. Well umm, except most other RPGs. Whatever.

Yeah I read that after I bought the game, it'll probably lose my interest before I'm done. :loco:

I never finished Xenosaga, that shit just got fucking BORING. Xenogears is probably my all time favorite video game too, first time took me probably 60 hours but years later I went through it again and it ruled even more. Oh well, sequels always were for the dogs anyhow. Well umm, except most other RPGs. Whatever.

Xenogears is up there as one of my all-time favorite game. Xenosaga 1 and 2 aren't NEARLY as good. However, Xenosaga 3 truly is worthy of the "Xeno" title. Check it out.