Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

haha, I didn't even know part 3 existed. Do I have to go through the other two to understand it?

haha, I didn't even know part 3 existed. Do I have to go through the other two to understand it?

Yes and no. I'm pretty sure some scenes would loose its dramatic impact if you didn't played the previous episodes. However, there's a very well-made summary (with images) for both Ep. 1 and 2. On top of that, there's a massive Xeno encyclopedia that you can access at any point in the game. So, I woud say if you're a die hard fan, get both Ep.1 and 2 (both are on the greatest hits selection I think) and get through them to enjoy the story (which is great). On the other hand, if you simply want to see how the saga concludes (yes, it's the final chapter) and experience a great game without being too crazy about it, forget about the first 2 episodes.

Keep in mind though, Ep.1 and 2 aren't awful games by any means, just not in the same league as Xenogears.

I knew you'd ask that. :lol:

Last time I played it I was drunk and showing it to the woman. Rather than look pathetic getting lost on my way finding the 6th (or 7th?) fucker, I started at the beginning and showed off my Mad Colossus Death Skillz. I'll get back to it eventually I know, tis a glorious game.

Reactions: Thanatopsis123
I purchased Dragon Quest VIII the other day because it was cheap. This will be the first time I've played a DQ game since Dragon Warrior on NES in the frickin' 80's. It seems the only video games I ever actually finish anymore are the cartoonish RPG types, Ys VI and both Lunar games being the last ones I completed.

Also I'm still working my way through Final Fantasy IV, I was at the dwarves bit last time I played several weeks ago.

:kickass: Ys VI :kickass:

NAD, what did you like better? Lunar I or II?

NAD, what did you like better? Lunar I or II?
Well, I liked how part II had a darker edge and was much more difficult, but part I was way more memorable so I'll go with that one. I never finished the "you beat the game now you have to play more" with part II though, that shit was way too fucking hard. I have the Playstation re-releases by the way, not the SegaCD ones.

I loved Working Designs, I had almost all their games for TurboGrafx even, Cosmic Fantasy 2 is one of my all time favorites.

Yeah, I had the playstation re-releases too. I reserved the second one about a year early and waited forever for it to come out. I really didn't like the second one as much. It was a lot harder and I didn't like the story as much, even if it was darker. The characters were just more memorable in the first than in the second. i didn't do to much with the Epilogue either

Guitar Hero = jerking off to the Sears catalogue
Playing guitar = having sex with a real woman

Actually I kinda like playing my guitar better because I can do that for hours straight and with sex well no. Its take longer to do the same thing over and over on guitar too. Where as sex depending on you or the chick can end up doing the same thing every time, not saying thats not a good thing though.