Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

any of you play ds? i love the shit.

ya definitely, i really enjoy the ds

i have:
new super mario bros
metroid prime hunters
sword of mana (gba)
mario & luigi: partners in time
kirby canvas curse

and im waitin to receive:
yoshis island ds
dragon quest heroes: rocket slime
super mario 64 ds

i love it its like reliving my snes childhood all over again and the games are about one third as expensive

ps. if you want to buy or trade for kirby or metroid let me know

I just got Neverwinter Nights 2, anybody else play it. So far the camera view is really pissing me off, along with some other small things, but I like the addition of the Boulder's Gates traveling thing.

right now the ps3 doesn't have the best launch titles around, but the same could have been said for the xbox 360. Just wait a few months and it'll be worth the 600$

What can I say, the game is breathtaking. I'm 25 hours-ish into it. The world is set in Ivalice (same world as Final Fantasy Tactics). It's massive, very massive...even by Final Fantasy standard. The game has a very strong medieval feel to it, as opposed to FFVII for exemple. So far, the game focus is much more on the gameplay than the story. The battle system is my favorite. No turn-based and no random encounter this time around. Graphic-wise, the game is simply astonishing*. Definitely the best looking PS2 game as far as I'm concerned. Oh and it's much harder than any other Final Fantasy I played (VI, VII, VIII, IX and X).
My copy is currently sitting in Ohio, along with my PS2, until Christmas:cry:

I also really want to play Guitar Hero II

no not yet but youd have to be pretty retarded to buy it in sweden since its seriously the equivalent of $70 instead of $35

i ordered it from canada

awesome, it is getting good reviews from several gamesites which is good, its been considered close to the original but with enough different stuff to make it its own game

no not yet but youd have to be pretty retarded to buy it in sweden since its seriously the equivalent of $70 instead of $35

i ordered it from canada

awesome, it is getting good reviews from several gamesites which is good, its been considered close to the original but with enough different stuff to make it its own game

Yeah I only have 3 games for DS right now:

Super Mario 64 DS, Final Fantasy 3, and Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. All three which are fucking sick. Also preordered Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. All hail 2d Castlevania. Still looking to get my hands on an actual copy of Symphony of the night.

I just got Neverwinter Nights 2, anybody else play it. So far the camera view is really pissing me off, along with some other small things, but I like the addition of the Boulder's Gates traveling thing.

I've got it, and Krig does too. The camera doesn't bother me since you can move it almost anywhere up and down. Sometimes when you go inside a structure the camera is all wacky but it's easily fixable. I haven't gone too far out into the actual game world but so far it is kind of like Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale. Nice addition but it's not unexpected since some of the guys at Obsidian were directly repsonsible for those classic games.

Just out of curiosity, if one wanted a PS3, how would one go about getting it? Couldn't you just order on on the net and wait a few months? Also, what's so great about the PS3 that people can't just order the much cheaper XBOX 360?

Just out of curiosity, if one wanted a PS3, how would one go about getting it? Couldn't you just order on on the net and wait a few months? Also, what's so great about the PS3 that people can't just order the much cheaper XBOX 360?

you probably could place an order for one and receive it when it becomes available. i don't know for sure though. i've seen some comparisons between Xbox 360 and PS3 about how well games that are on both consoles played. Xbox 360 won in every instance. it was only 5 titles though. PS3 also has hardware/software issues too and there are a lot of people who are pretty upset about it. if you actually plan on getting one i'd wait until they get all of that mess sorted out. PS3 has blu-ray playability, which is supposedly the biggest selling point. if the blu-ray line of media doesn't take off then Sony will have shot themselves in the foot.

The PS3 will probably have better Japanese publisher support, better exclusive titles, and more features. If you want an almost comparable (a similar hard drive, HD support (and it'll only be for movies, not games), bluetooth, etc) 360 you'll have to spend nearly as much if not more. Plus, Blu-ray is bound to win out over HD-DVD. Also, you get a controller that has motion sensitivity like that of the Wii.