Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

I rented Dragon Age Origins. Does the pace pick up after the beginning of the game? I've only gotten to Ostagar to complete the Grey Warden ritual. But so far it's been somewhat of a bore.

I rented Dragon Age Origins. Does the pace pick up after the beginning of the game? I've only gotten to Ostagar to complete the Grey Warden ritual. But so far it's been somewhat of a bore.

I was loving that shit before I broke my thumb, making it kinda tough to handle a 360 controller

But I mostly played it drunk and high, which might have something to do with the attention span :lol:

Mach Rider, an arcade game from the early '80s - and subsequently released for the Nintendo - takes place in the year 2112.

Who here is picking RDR up in two weeks? I hate paying full price on a game, but amazon is currently running a deal where if you pre-order it, you get a $20 gift card to be used on a subsequent game purchase. After looking through the list of upcoming releases for the 360, this may be the last game to be worth a shit for a ways to come.

In other news, my XBOX experienced 1 light comatose earlier this evening. Fucking thing wouldn't boot up for a good 10 minutes. Apparently such an occurrence is a result of an internal hard drive error.

Last edited by a moderator:
Left 4 Dead. First game I've played in 2 years. I was surprised the 360 still worked. I figured it would have broken itself during its state of suspended animation.
Anyway, I though I had bought Dead Rising and kept thinking, "where's the fucking *mall*?" then it finally dawned on me I bought a different zombie game hahaha
Guess I'll get that next

Super Street Fighter IV. Get on it.

I've been on a 2d fighting kick as of late. I spent 4 hours the other night researching all the arcane fighters that are known to only the most privileged of nerds. Yourself, the only cyber lad I know who holds a card in that court. The verdict, after downloading the heavily lauded Garou: Mark of the Wolves, SNK doesn't hold a spoon to Street Fighter. That's coming from someone who thoroughly enjoys the KoF series. Garou: played like Final Fight with fire balls. It just felt too damn antiquated, and the lack of a proper joystick just made the fluidity of it as smooth as a case of chlamydia. Guilty Gear XX, looks like a cheap version of Samurai Showdown, though I know you fellate that game to the point where your neck becomes a tether for it's balls. Just not cutting it in year 2010. SSF4 is where it's at. It's fresh, it's faithful, it's fluid!!!

:kickass: