Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

or age of conan beta... :p (just got somebodys account info cause I was bored and trolling some of my forums)

Closed or Open?

I'm really digging the closed at the moment now that they're rolling out the fixes. Also have decided my first build in the main game is gonna be a Dark Templar. The drain abilities/feats are so very useful... draining + defensive stance = almost no damage taken

Far enough to realize it was boring, there was nothing to do, and I hated it.

The whole aspect of being another worthless immigrant who comes to the U.S for the sole purpose of advancing his own social status at the expense of the American people is what turns me off to the game. Good fuel for all the prospective Chechnyan teens who aspire to come to the land of opportunity to pick the last remaining fruit that dangles in our forests of fortuity*. Anybody who plays this game in front of wee lads should be ashamed of themselves. :bah:

*Alliteration quota completed

:lol: at the last 3 posts

About to order my brand new computer..... it'll be a pretty huge step from my 64 meg graphic card laptop.

Intel Dual Core 3ghz
PCI express 2.0 Motherboard
NVidia 8800 GTS 512 meg graph card
500 gig for the hard drive (my laptop has a 40 gig hard drive... /sigh)
22" Samsung Monitor
4 gigs of DDR2 Ram
Windows Vista 64 bit to manage all this ram......

This willl cost around 2000$ (Computers are a bit more expensive in Canada than in the US)

My laptop 4 years ago cost 2400$ and was already outdated... the university scammed us imo....

Closed or Open?

I'm really digging the closed at the moment now that they're rolling out the fixes. Also have decided my first build in the main game is gonna be a Dark Templar. The drain abilities/feats are so very useful... draining + defensive stance = almost no damage taken

Closed.

I'm going to go Barb, fits my style, plus I have a good friend who is going assassin, dad is gonna be a Bear Shaman and my buddies wife is either a PoM or ToS.

Playing my ToS is also pretty fun, might be a fun alt. Which CB server are you on?

Intel Dual Core 3ghz
PCI express 2.0 Motherboard
NVidia 8800 GTS 512 meg graph card
500 gig for the hard drive (my laptop has a 40 gig hard drive... /sigh)
22" Samsung Monitor
4 gigs of DDR2 Ram
Windows Vista 64 bit to manage all this ram......

This willl cost around 2000$

Dude, you're getting screwed, I priced out an equivalent comp with assembly for my dad for a fraction of that. Can you put it together yourself? If so lemme know, I or Eric can probably price that for $800-1000.

Closed.

I'm going to go Barb, fits my style, plus I have a good friend who is going assassin, dad is gonna be a Bear Shaman and my buddies wife is either a PoM or ToS.

Playing my ToS is also pretty fun, might be a fun alt. Which CB server are you on?

My latest build is a Dark Templar on closed beta 2... its a pretty fucking nice play so far (only level 15, but its getting there). I think its name is something like "Blargoth"... I really have no idea what to name these cocksuckers anymore, so I just jam my hands on my keyboard till something comes out.

My other builds, forgot the names, is a 55 rogue assassin on Closedbeta PVP. It was alright up to a point, but after I hit 40 the thing really turned out to be weak. Not sure if it was how I specced it feat wise, or how they have it specced level wise, but it really isn't good at all and I've pretty much abandoned it. Not to mention drops for Assassin's are horrible... I had to buy pretty much fucking every thing for it. Thats not the case with my Dark Templar, who seems to have a pretty nice equip set and can use quite a bit of the drops I'm getting in Tortage.

And Closed Beta 1 I just started a Necromancer a few hours ago, which so far isn't anything special.

I've mostly been toying with the builds to see what I want to go for on launch day, and its looking like I'm gonna go for the Dark Templar at the moment.

Heard the Bear Shamans are really kicking ass in PvE and PvP, so I may have to try it out.

yeah Shammies rule. My barb is almost 20, I would have pulled it off before the servers went down, but Xantia's Wrath is bugged so I'm stuck in a empty place. :p

Guardian and DT also look pretty cool, gonna check them out once I've seen post tortage.

Dude, you're getting screwed, I priced out an equivalent comp with assembly for my dad for a fraction of that. Can you put it together yourself? If so lemme know, I or Eric can probably price that for $800-1000.

Well, no I can't assembly myself, I have no real knowledge on computers except which pieces are good or not. I also got a new contact in a computer shop who could build the same computer for less (he's the boyfriend of a pharmacist who I work with).

Also, I'm gonna play an Herald of Xotli, and my brother a Conqueror on AoC.

I thought playing a necro, but casters look boring in that game.

Oooo, Conan talk. I am quite excited for the release as well. Have not decided my class yet. I am quite interested in Bear Shaman. Conqueror semms nifty as well, and ranger.

Servers are "up":
NetworkLoad.jpg

And broken now :p

Holy fuck the new AOC beta patch is great... I'm extremely excited for retail now considering this one patch just whacked out every bug I was having and upped my performance greatly.

Edit: The Graphics are improved, and with this, the FPS is going through the roof. I'm getting nearly 75 in Tortage where I was getting 30-35 with as low as 10 before. The combat is completely fluid. The GUI has some upgraded icons and looks... this is great. And I had my doubts about the launch.