Video Games!

Halo wars, WaW nazi zombies and F.E.A.R 2 are keeping me occupied until something decent comes out again. Hoping the new Red Fraction is as awesome as it seems, the demo hyped me up a bit for it.

Halo ODST and COD modern warfare 2 couldn't come any sooner

I read that as modem warfare. Was wondering if it was based off those old rounds of quake 3 where one hold out had dial-up so he'd get all pissed off that on the rare occassion his connection kicked in, he'd been fragged.

Heh I used to play Counter-Strike on dialup, it sucked. Then it was so buggy on Steam once I had DSL, I couldn't get it to work right, so I never really got to play that game properly. Hahah.

FEAR2 is coming from Gamefly tomorrow, so to whoever mentioned it, :ill: and maybe we can boost or something, there's a buttload of online achievements. Looking forward to playing it in the dark at night with headphones though, the demo was intense. Just mailed back RE5, I had it from Gamefly for like 2 months... I should have just bought it, hahah. Probably gonna regret it but I've got the new Terminator game coming too, Street Fighter 4, Disney Sing It... hahah... wanna get my voice fixed up after the long string of flu's I've had over this last semester. Gonna do that by singing highschool musical

oh and by the way I almost totally forgot;

Last edited by a moderator:
X-men origins Wolverine is surprisingly really fun. The graphics blow nuts in some really key spots, and the dialog lacks but what you can do in combat is just fun. Plus its just funny that it happens to be one of the goriest games i've played...and its a super hero game.

I used to play CS all the time, but then my laptop died a few months ago and now all of my PC games are just worthless boxes on the shelf :/

FEAR2 is coming from Gamefly tomorrow, so to whoever mentioned it, :ill: and maybe we can boost or something, there's a buttload of online achievements. Looking forward to playing it in the dark at night with headphones though, the demo was intense.

My only complaint about FEAR 2 is the fact that next to no one is ever playing the multi player on xbox live, and seeing as when I don't find a match after searching for one 4 times in a row I put in WaW for my fps multi player killing, I really haven't been able to experience that facet of the game much at all. From what I have experienced the multi player, though obviously doesn't hold the same ground as the single player, is pretty solid, so I cannot understand why I can't find matches...ever.

And this is why I haven't bought the new armored front map pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, I cant believe this is a thred about video games on a metal forum AND NOBODY IS TALKING ABOUT BRUTAL LEGENDS!!!! which looks amazing.

Assuming you mean Brutal Legend. I'm so lacking in the X360 or ps3 department. Guess I'll just replay FUll Throttle a few times.

All anyone is every talking about anymore is Brutal Legend.. you'd think it was too big to fail... but then again, that's what they said about the economy... mua haa haa... and don't forget about the Pick of Destiny, that movie had ads like every 30 seconds on our TVs but made like $10 in the theater.

I have never heard of Brutal Legend. I have to look into this...

wait, you sing in one of the greatest heavy metal bands ever and you have never heard of Brutal Legend? Alow me to enlighten you, its a game about a roddie named Eddie who must liberate the mystic kingdom of rock from evil demonic clutches with the help of his two axes, his battle axe the seporator and his flying V, Clemintine. Manny names and missions are references to clasic metal songs, such as run to the hills. Eddie is named after Iron maidens mascot, Eddie is also voiced by none other than Jack Black!

Some people live for metal, others live for video games. ;)

And then there's those who live for both!

(c)200...err... what year is it again? Man time really flies

Hey, I eat metal and shit chains but only know about Brutal Legend due to my Lucasarts adventure game love.

Well, Tim Schaefer knows what he's doing in my experience so it has potential. However, I'm not about to go buy a PS3 or X360 just to play it.