Viking Metal

Einherjar, Falkenbach, Thyrfing.

For other viking metal: Turisas, Tyr, Amon Amarth, Ensiferum, but they don't sound like Bathory.

Bathory were very innovative in the viking metal genre, and no one really sounds like them in my opinion.

Shit that somewhat resembles Hammerheart era Bathory:

Graveland - Creed of Iron
Graveland - Dawn of Iron Blades
Morrigan - Headcult
Iuvenes - Riddle of Steel
Zemial - In Monumentum
Woodtemple - Voices of Pagan Mountains
Gjallarhorn - Nordheim
Nachtfalke - Hail Victory Teutonia

I wouldn't necessarily call any of this stuff "Viking" Metal, but it's as close to the Hammerheart sound that I've ever heard.

How the fuck is Amon Amarth a valid rec in a thread about bands similar to Bathory?

No one is really similar to Bathory; but if someone likes Bathory's "viking metal" era, then chances are he or she will like Amon Amarth's style of viking metal as well.

Actually, the one band who I have come across that reminds of Bathory once in a while is Ancient Rites. Their modern material sounds more like viking/folk metal rather than black metal (which is their older sound). I'd recommend them for anyone who likes Bathory's viking stuff.

On a pretty unrelated note, why do alot of people say Blood Fire Death was Quorthons first viking metal album when it obv was Hammerheart?

Amon Amarth isnt viking metal to begin with
Well, it depends on how you define Viking Metal. All their lyrics are about Vikings.

On a pretty unrelated note, why do alot of people say Blood Fire Death was Quorthons first viking metal album when it obv was Hammerheart?
True...BFD had Fine Day To Die and Blood Fire Death, but that was it. And the style was raw black/thrash/whatever.

Hammerheart >>> Blood Fire Death