Viking mythology and all that goes with it

Well, I finally managed to sit down and read this whole fucking thread, and even followed along in the Eddas, where applicable. Yes, I'm damn proud of myself, that's a pretty fucking scholarly achievement for me :p

I was going to chime in about the berserker thing, but my brain is just way too melted, so I'll leave this to remind myself to edit later. :)

*chuckles* "This is my son Walker, and this is my other son, Texas Ranger."

I keep meaning to watch that, but I get the feeling I've already seen most of the funny stuff in the promos. Besides, I'm in Kansas, if I want to laugh at rednecks, all I need to do is go outside.

It's a little more broad then you would know some call themselfs asatru or say im of the asatru faith some say the term heathen or odininst so it really does not matter and i have never heard a true person of the asatru faith get pissed over being called a odininst.If anyone ever did they just are not for real If you are hanging with liberals be forewarned your gonna get a watered doen version of the faith and not the real thing just a bunch of hot-air then again just my personal p.o.v.-ken
there are a few asatruars, but as i understand it, they don't like to be called odinists.

Odinist is different from Asatru, although related. I am Asatru, but I am not an Odinist. We've discussed this at lenght on this forum before, so look it up in the internal search engine.
Sleipnir is also asatru, and I believe there are a few other members on the board who are. There is one guy on here that's Odinist, too, I think, but I don't want to name names. If they want you to know, they'll tell you.

Edit: Tere is a current thread called "NJ USA odenist chruch", why don't you try this guy. He calls himself Runemaster (I wonder if he really is, and if so, who said he was?).

I have met many folk both asatru and odinist and to be honest i don't see how you see them as not the same please explain if you don't mind through here or private msg. or e-mail hailz.-ken
Odinist is different from Asatru, although related. I am Asatru, but I am not an Odinist. We've discussed this at lenght on this forum before, so look it up in the internal search engine.
Sleipnir is also asatru, and I believe there are a few other members on the board who are. There is one guy on here that's Odinist, too, I think, but I don't want to name names. If they want you to know, they'll tell you.

Edit: Tere is a current thread called "NJ USA odenist chruch", why don't you try this guy. He calls himself Runemaster (I wonder if he really is, and if so, who said he was?).

I, myself am very interested in viking mythology and the Germanic traditions. however i struggle to find any decent books and infomation on it. I have the book called, the rites of odin which was a really good book. If there's anyone on here whos willing to take the time to help me out with this sort of stuff PM me, or email me, my email is wotanicwarrior@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance.
-V

;;peeks in;; someone call me????? :)

I have met many folk both asatru and odinist and to be honest i don't see how you see them as not the same please explain if you don't mind through here or private msg. or e-mail hailz.-ken
OK, so now that it's been brought up, Runemaster says he is odinist. In his post in the thread "NJ odinist church" he gives a website addy to his kindred's homepage (www.vrilology.com). By all accounts, then, that ought to be an odinist group, sccording to the name of the thread etc. You can go into it and then compare it to my kindred's homepage (Irminsul Ættir Asatru Page) or Sleipnir's kindred's homepage (Vingolf Kindred, home of Asatru in New Jersey), which are both asatru, and look for the differences for yourself. NB, all asatru groups are not like ours, and all odinist groups are not like Runemaster's, but it'll give you a rough idea. Different strokes for different folks, so you can choose which one you would like to call yourself afterwards.

I, myself am very interested in viking mythology and the Germanic traditions. however i struggle to find any decent books and infomation on it. I have the book called, the rites of odin which was a really good book. If there's anyone on here whos willing to take the time to help me out with this sort of stuff PM me, or email me, my email is wotanicwarrior@hotmail.com
Thanks in advance.
-V

Find a better book, that book is absolute garbage, except for the last section about brewing mead. Look for various translations of the prose and elder (poetic) eddas. Those are probably your best bet for introductory reading. I am not nearly the most knowledgeable person on this forum, but I could definitely give you a helping hand as far as starting on the path of norse mtyhic study goes.