Viking mythology and all that goes with it

TheLastWithPaganBlood said:
There's one german one with the norwegian female terminator in it, which I saw part of. But what I'm really looking forward to is the new Beowulf movie coming out in 2007. Unfortunatley I couldn't find the wb page, but here's the imdb site:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0442933/

well thats the one i'm talking about. the one with the girl in terminator. i thought it was american considering the american actors and all, but if you say its german which is highly plausible well ok. :p

The last I heard of that Beowulf movie is that it was shown at the Toronto Film Festival. I wonder if it will ever get released here. I noticed they changed some of the characters around though, so it doesn't look promising.
Ah I just realized its a different movie hehehe...I was thinking of the Beowulf and Grendel movie. This Beowulf movie could be promising though :)

oh yeah that Beowulf and Grendel movie looks pretty good.
yet from what i remember i thought grendel was a bear-like creature, or a giant cursed by the Gods.. and here it seems to just be a vengeful tough looking human. but i guess that the creaters of the movie wanted to make the story more realistic, which isn't really a bad thing.

Tyra said:
Oh, I get it...duh. You mean does it only apply to the goddesses on the aesir side, but not the vanir side? You know, I don't know the answer to that! I have never heard a word for the vanir feamales as a group...I'll have to ask. Do you know, Sleipnir? The only one ever mentioned on a regular basis is Freya, as she is the hostage that went to live with the aesir after the war, but presumably there must be more vanir women. Oh, great, now I'll never get to sleep...
There are many Vanir Goddesses but I've never heard of a collective name for them. Asynjur or Asynjor I've only heard being used for Aesir Goddesses, but I could be wrong. This is kind of obscure territory. :erk:

Hmm, something I was wondering..

The story told in AA's "The Avenger", is that a story from Norse mythology or was it made up? I've tried looking for info on it on the internet, but haven't found anything... anyone here happen to know?

Mad Dog Ulfhednar said:
There are many Vanir Goddesses but I've never heard of a collective name for them. Asynjur or Asynjor I've only heard being used for Aesir Goddesses, but I could be wrong. This is kind of obscure territory. :erk:

Yup,and that is one of the things we always tell newcomers, if you have trouble with ambiguity this might not be for you.

Celtik Militia said:
oh yeah that Beowulf and Grendel movie looks pretty good.
yet from what i remember i thought grendel was a bear-like creature, or a giant cursed by the Gods.. and here it seems to just be a vengeful tough looking human. but i guess that the creaters of the movie wanted to make the story more realistic, which isn't really a bad thing.

Grendel was a decendant of Cain and therefore cursed and had a hatred for anything good and joyess, and for man. He was a huge ugly troll really...along with his mother, but no one knew who the father was. I wonder what the monster was before this apparent Christianization attempt on the poem.

no, the pro wrestler's name is written "Kane".
Undertaker and Kane \m/
lol

also, i was wondering the same thing as L33ch, but i decided to think it was just an invented story like most AA lyrics.

Does someone know the story where someone has some sort of competition agains someone and in one event which is a drinking contest one of the contender connects the other ones drinking horn to a big lake so he cannot finnish the drink? They compete in other ''sports'' too but I dont remember what. Anyway it's turns out it was some sort of a test. Loved that storry.:lol:

Sorry for the vague description, don't remember much. But if you have read it I think you might kno what im talking about.

Larsson said:
Does someone know the story where someone has some sort of competition agains someone and in one event which is a drinking contest one of the contender connects the other ones drinking horn to a big lake so he cannot finnish the drink? They compete in other ''sports'' too but I dont remember what. Anyway it's turns out it was some sort of a test. Loved that storry.:lol:

Sorry for the vague description, don't remember much. But if you have read it I think you might kno what im talking about.

thats when Thor, Loki and this other kid-God go to this giant castle.
Thor drinks in the drinking horn and can hardly empty it, and then late the giant admits that its because the horn was related to the sea, and thats why there are tides, cause Thor drinks the sea.
Thor also fights with an old lady and can't wrestle her down, cause she's actually the representation of time or something, and you can't beat time.
i forgot all the names cause i'm not good at remembering names.
anyway thats all in the norse stories. also one of my favorite stories.

What is the story where someone set off to find Valhalla? I think its a King or something and at one point he arrives in a city where he ask to speak to the leader(s)... I know its pretty vague but thats all I remember LOL