Vilewoman's off-topic random retardation thread.

It all depends how the market is in Sweden at the moment. I'm guessing you want a better location, which is very understandable.

Here it's a bit flat. So we're very lucky we decided to do a part-exchange on our property and got given a good price. Like a trade in when you buy a car from the dealership. We would not have managed to sell our flat quickly and buy something else otherwise. (we're moving late April and only decided in February- you really don't get a faster sale than that)

Also, if you rent your home, you have to ensure you have budgeted for things you need, like landlord insurance (imagine you rent to someone that wrecks the place and the insurance refuses to pay) and agency fee, if you go through agency, otherwise it eats into your profits. :cry: at least that's the way it's here.

Edit: There's pros and cons about living in a rented place. The good thing it's that it's not your property- when you want, you can leave, and you are not tied to paying a mortgage. The bad thing is also that it's not your property. So you are paying someone else's mortgage, and whenever they want, they can ask you to leave, to put the flat in the market... and then you are a homeless homeowner. There is such a thing, yes!!!

oh I'll move to the rental myself, from June 1st, it's just mainly if to sublet my house to my friend for a year not to have to deal with the sales now, or to sell it now ;)

I would NOT sublet to whomever that I do not know personally.

But yeah, the market is not moving much for sales right now.

I would like my money that's tied in my house now, pay off my mortage and get on with my life, pissing away my money on metal and beers :headbang:

The rental will actually be same price, or slightly lower, than it cost me to live in my house right now.
And I'll save about 90 minutes per day in travel :p

Yeah, sounds like a plan then. Imagine what you can do with the extra time. I would probably vote for lie-in every morning! :p

Actually my daily commute will be much longer when we move to the new place, but there's no way we could afford a place like we are moving to in Edinburgh. City prices are way too high.

But we're happy we did what we did...

Yes they will carry on. Just won't be the same anymore I guess. They were just a bunch of truly sympathic people.
I guess they're not parting ways because of personal issues between them.

At least the singer is staying in. It's always the greatest problem to find a decent replacement for a vocalist. There are plenty of good instrumentalists out there, so replacing them MUSICALLY shouldn't be a big problem (as Joakim is also the main songwriter I think)....

We'll see in a few days who the new ones are as the NA Tour already starts 10th of April I think and there are no cancelled shows so far.

Found a rental apartment from June 1st!

sweet!

Now to decide if I should sublet my house or try and sell it as fast as possible

decisions...

From house to apartment??? I would prefer vice versa. At least I would need some time. So, my voice: sublet to a friend. But of course, I don't know the facts and apart from that actually I piss on my party & beer times.
But yeah, lucky you, you've got options. As long as you don't regret your final decision both will be OK I guess.:)

Found out I'm not allowed to sublet due to the housing community, so I'll seel and move

well I want to get out of the hosuing community thing and I want back into the rental market

and way closer to work, win win for me

lets just hope I get to sell fast and with no or little loss

Found out I'm not allowed to sublet due to the housing community, so I'll seel and move

well I want to get out of the hosuing community thing and I want back into the rental market

and way closer to work, win win for me

lets just hope I get to sell fast and with no or little loss

I'm guessing that that no-subleting measure was done to avoid speculation. Most people are in the opposite side, wanting to get out of the rental market into home ownership, but just can't. :(

Here's hoping you will sell! We've had our house in the market for three weeks and only 3 people visited, no offers of interest. If it wasn't already sold, I'd be worried.

Market is crazy. When we moved into our flat 7 years ago we found the previous owner's mortgage papers in the attic. The woman who sold it to us bought it when it was built in the 80's and made £100,000 profit in the sale. Sickening.

I need to find me a job in Göt and move in your house. It's really odd that as the owner you are not even allowed to do as you please and sub-let your house. Is that the bank telling you that or some kind of deed restricted community you are in?

Actually I only own the inside of the house, look at it as an apartment basically.

So this housing community made up by the owners of the 130 "apartments" that is included is run by a board, this board once it founded the community many years ago decided that one may not sub-let an apartment other than if you are doing it temporary with the intension of moving back.