Vilewoman's off-topic random retardation thread.

I personally don't like dreadlocks, and they are quite high maintenance if you want them to look good. Otherwise they look scabby. And you have to chop them off when you get tired of them, unless you are prepared to put up with a lot of pain to undo the locks!

I think your own curl is quite nice Amon, just stick to what you have.

Thanks, i've heard the deadlocks are basically hair thats been combed the other way, so you can do your own

dunno its weird to explain it

and what do you mean by light eyed girl???

Thanks, i've heard the deadlocks are basically hair thats been combed the other way, so you can do your own
You're right, I had dreads like those.
Combed the other way and then treated with some product that looked like wood glue or something like that.

It was disgusting, I cut them off after a month.

dunno its weird to explain it

and what do you mean by light eyed girl???

I have no idea, but I heard you can use your own hair's natural oil and some waxes, and just twist the hair into a lock- Even if I liked dreadlocks (I don't), I don't think I could put up with that "unwashed hair" feeling for very long.

By light eyed I think Celtik means a blue or green eyed girl. :)

Alot of backcombing involved I think, you can wash them often if you choose to it just takes alot of effort because if you don't do it right all your dreads will go out of control and you'll start to lose them.

I have no idea, but I heard you can use your own hair's natural oil and some waxes, and just twist the hair into a lock- Even if I liked dreadlocks (I don't), I don't think I could put up with that "unwashed hair" feeling for very long.

By light eyed I think Celtik means a blue or green eyed girl. :)

Thats how my friend did mine....lasted for about a week till I said fuck this and spent 2hrs cleaning. I found braids were alot more fun.

Had some very rare beers at my place tonight.

Thanks to Belgar for the two beers from Cigar City!

Followed that with some other har dto get and also aged stuff, too bad we all gotta work tomorrow...

Oooh yeah we hear you, beers showing, the spelling is suffering already... :kickass:

I may do another shift at the library tomorrow, it's not bad as temping goes- I get paid to drink tea, eat biscuits, read, and talk to grannies as they renew their books... Not as good as a permanent job, but better than nothing.

But I do have to put up with jokes about sexy librarians though...

So where will you be after this week?! :err:

:kickass: ...for the beer! (and it must be real ale, lager isn't even fit to wash your balls in :lol: )

I was playing along to the fact I made a joke- Tough audience, Northern Englanders! But as it happens you are partially right because we are off to a big metal fest. The fact we can crash at my parents' and raid their fridge makes the holiday cheaper, which can only be a good thing.

As for lager not being fit to wash balls in... I'll try not to think about that when I order the only type of beer available at big music events, which tends to be lager. :ill:

I was playing along to the fact I made a joke- Tough audience, Northern Englanders! But as it happens you are partially right because we are off to a big metal fest. The fact we can crash at my parents' and raid their fridge makes the holiday cheaper, which can only be a good thing.

As for lager not being fit to wash balls in... I'll try not to think about that when I order the only type of beer available at big music events, which tends to be lager. :ill:

Well, lager can be nice too, unfortunately the ones served at metal fests are usually not of the very nice kind :p

Gets you where you wanna be though!
Gotta see beer at your fav pub and beer at your metal festival as two different things :D

Well, lager can be nice too, unfortunately the ones served at metal fests are usually not of the very nice kind :p

Gotta see beer at your fav pub and beer at your metal festival as two different things :D

OR Like we do for Ozzfest...pack a couple coolers in the trunk crammed with your favorites and make frequent trips. :)

My next attempt at homebrewing will be a lager, will try after I'm back and I have sterilised enough bottles.

Generally speaking, lager yeasts like it cool, like somewhere around 7-12 C. (May want to double-check with Gnoff, I'm still on my first coffee and my conversion math may be off). I'm going to be sticking with ales for that reason, I live in a 3rd floor apartment, and don't have anywhere to put a cooler. I may eventually see if I can rig something up in my workshop at the farm, though.

Generally speaking, lager yeasts like it cool, like somewhere around 7-12 C. (May want to double-check with Gnoff, I'm still on my first coffee and my conversion math may be off). I'm going to be sticking with ales for that reason, I live in a 3rd floor apartment, and don't have anywhere to put a cooler. I may eventually see if I can rig something up in my workshop at the farm, though.

Indeed ales are so much easier since you can just throw a blanket over the vat and let it sit in a dark room fermenting.

Good lagers are sooo nice though especially this time of year, so I'll be doing some for next summer too I think.
Fermentation takes so much longer though, screwed up my whole brewing season :loco:

"real" Belgian ales are even harder, then you need to ferment around 24 to 28 C, preferably not during the summer though. Means having a warm room somewhere.