WARNING - TNR EARLY COPIES

Thanks Zod! It's good to know you like it so much! Twilight Innocence is one I am most worried about. I read a review already that basically called me a pussy because of it. :lol:

As a parent of two toddlers (one of whom is already throwing the horns and often drums along to Novembers Doom on his Junior-sized drum kit), I can truly say it's a beautiful song...and an early favorite on the album...

Everyone pretty much knows I'm not a fan of downloading. But unfortunately in today's day and age there's very little that can be done about it. The diehard fans almost always will buy the discs at least. We'll see how this affects our overall sales down the line. Downloading, I'm sure, cut into our sales of the last cd, but again, what can ya do? *shrug*

As for "Twilight Innocence", if there's people out there who are going to dislike the song because they think it's "pussified" or some reason such as that, I don't even care. Obviously they're not really judging the song based on it's merits as a well-written piece of material (or not), they're hating it simply because it's softer and "sentimental". People who want cds full of lyrics and music that focus solely on anger, pain, goblins, satan, violence, or some other such thing, should probably just not bother putting our cds on to begin with, lol.
I don't think our moments like "Autumn Reflection", "Twilight Innocence", etc., are any softer or more pussy than your average softer Opeth, Anathema, MDB, etc. songs of that ilk (whom people generally feel we fit in with stylistically anyhow), and yet we really seem to catch hell for it. Whatever.
I've already heard some people say that the song doesn't fit on the cd because the rest of the cd is too aggressive in comparison. I think having that quieter moment on the disc helps to balance out the mood and vibe of the cd, personally. If it were all aggression from beginning to end, then that wouldn't be a very good representation of who ND are.

I'll be curious to find out from you guys (and gals) as to what songs are becoming favorites and which ones you're most wanting to see/hear live. Obviously as you've seen, we've already added "Rain" and "Drown the Inland Mere" to the set, so I'd like to know which other songs you're all feeling would be best suited to our live show. It doesn't mean for certain we'll be playing the songs you choose! lol But it does still count when we're making set-list considerations. So let me know!

The last thing I have to say is.....as with our previous cds, I don't think you'll truly be able to 100% appreciate the album as a whole until you have the cd booklet in your hands to read the lyrics and take in the art for each song. Add to that the bonus of the lyric book that Paul is releasing and I think it'll really help in taking in the whole album and absorbing what it's all about.
So even if you've downloaded it and are enjoying it, there's still more yet to get out of it basically is what I'm sayin'.

I think having that quieter moment on the disc helps to balance out the mood and vibe of the cd, personally.

Not only that, but it gives the cd perspective.

The one example that I always think of in this situation (and I'm sorry to perpetuate this guys, that's not the intent) is Deliverance by Opeth. They have that shorter song "For Absent Friends" (and also the softer by comparison to the rest of the album "A Fair Judgement") right in the middle of an otherwise relentless album. It gives you time to breathe, plus that softer break gives a contrast to the next track, Master's Apprentice which just is bludgeoning as a result.

I really can't wait until I can pre-order a copy of this. It's a fantastic disc.

I've already heard some people say that the song doesn't fit on the cd because the rest of the cd is too aggressive in comparison. I think having that quieter moment on the disc helps to balance out the mood and vibe of the cd, personally. If it were all aggression from beginning to end, then that wouldn't be a very good representation of who ND are.
Couldn't agree more. I find that songs like "Autumn Reflection" (one of my all-time favorite songs) and "Twilight Innocence" make for a balanced disc and really keep the listener's attention.

I'll be curious to find out from you guys (and gals) as to what songs are becoming favorites and which ones you're most wanting to see/hear live. Obviously as you've seen, we've already added "Rain" and "Drown the Inland Mere" to the set, so I'd like to know which other songs you're all feeling would be best suited to our live show. It doesn't mean for certain we'll be playing the songs you choose! lol But it does still count when we're making set-list considerations. So let me know!
Although I really enjoy "Twilight Innocence", I wouldn't think it would make for a great live song. When you slow things down, "Autumn Reflection" seems like the better choice. From the new disc, beyond the two songs you already mentioned (both of which are songs I would have chosen), "The Voice of Failure" seems like it would make for a great live number. That riff just slays me.

Zod

I'm glad for a few things:
a.That this forum wasn't closed due to the leakage of the album...
if anyone remembers that's exactly what happened when Opeth's GR album was leaked...they closed the forum during july and August of 2005
b.Drown the Inland Mere is such an åsome song that I can't wait to hear the entire album...man I gotta find a way to put my hands on an official promo of TNR...sitting on spikes right here!
c.I'm glad this forum changed its layout to more soothing combination of colors...the previous layout simply blinded me(no offence) that I couldn't even lurk in this forum without posting.

Rock on!:headbang:

Yeah I think the idea of ever seeing "Twilight Innocence" played live is slim to none anyhow. "Voice of Failure" is a definite possibility though, for sure.

Zach, I certainly don't mind some comparisons to Opeth, they're a fantastic band and I too see some similarities between us even if I find them to be alot more general. The only time we get sour is when people pull the whole "ND is ripping off Opeth" or "they're jumping on the Opeth wagon" or when people get too bent on the comparing and micro-analyzing thing between us. We might fit generally into a similar musical category and we do appeal to alot of the same fans, I've found, but the differences between the two bands are far greater than the similarities, and there's definitely no Opeth-stealing going on here by us. So anyhow don't be worried about mentioning Opeth like you have, we won't kill you. Yet. LOL

Oh and I agree, I think the way an album like "Deliverance" is balanced out is a good example of the kind of mindset we tend to have with our cd's balance as well.

OK, I have to admit I am guilty of downloading this masterpiece… However, I hope that it is obvious to the guys in the band that I support them 110%. I will definitely be ordering the pre-order CD/Book package as soon as it is available.

First things first, congratulations! :worship: This CD rocks!!! :headbang: It is rare that a band can keep evolving with every release and sound more defined and focused every time. TNR continues in the more up-tempo aggressive direction that they were leaning toward with Pale Haunt. Personally, this is my favorite aspect of ND and I love the direction they are going. However, the cool part is that there are some slower clean melodic parts that give it excitement and contrast. In my opinion, they are the only band that really pulls off the Death-Doom style without seeming forced. I love a lot of aspects of Death Metal, but often find it to be monotonous and boring. My opinion is the same about most Doom Metal. In addition, a lot of the Opeth type bands out there simply switch back and forth between being heavy and soft with apparently no real reason or flow to it.

This is where I think Novembers Doom really shines. The songwriting is absolutely brilliant. The songs seem so natural. The parts that are clean are truly beautiful and filled with emotion. Then these emotions build and lead to rage and anger and the music transforms itself into some of the most intense heavy guitar, pounding drums and powerful growls that you cannot help but FEEL the music in addition to just hearing it.

It will take me a while to fully absorb the new CD, but it is awesome. I was surprised how many parts I remembered from the “parking lot preview” that I had heard months ago. The songs really stick with you and make you want to hear them again and again. Needless to say, the production is flawless. The sound alone is part of what makes the music so powerful. The distorted guitars and drums pack a lot of punch, plus the acoustic guitars sound three-dimensional! On top of all that, Paul’s vocals are fucking awesome! I also really like the additional guitar solos on this CD. They are very tastefully done and have a cool soaring vocal-like quality that really adds to the dynamics of the songs.

Right now, my favorite tracks are “Dominate the Human Strain”, “The Voice of Failure” and “Rain.” So, these are my vote for songs I would want to hear live. I’m really looking forward to Powerfest!!! :Smokin:

Ok, so I know that a certain member of my band will bring me a copy of the new album at some point(as he has for years now with every major release that comes out) and I will feel bad taking the cd at first, but after listening, I think that getting comfortable and warming up to the cd before having the artwork and lyrics helps. This happened with the new MDB, I actually wasn't digging the cd at all for the first 4 spins or so, and then I started getting into it more and more, by time I Bought the cd(like 3 months later) I loved it and the photos/artwork and lyrics made the expirence all that more enjoyable. Actually, That happened with TPHD (except I dug in instantly when I heard the samples you posted here) when He gave me a burn months before it was released. I bought that on day 1 when it came out. I guess my point is, and I know we already know this, even if they have a burned copy, If they are true metal fans and like the band, they will (as I have in the past) buy the album. AQnd that extra time with the cd helps people get into it more.

What I have heard so far is amazing, and I can tell this is going to be an amazing album! I will buy the cd and book when it is out, along with hopefully a shirt too!

By the way is there a link for the pre-orders yet? I would like to by the cd from the band direct if possible.

If I might add something on the subject of downloading; It can be helpfull if you want to check out a band you've been reading about. But I guess that most people nowadays are buying the ceedee's anyway if they like them.

Good point man. The days of buying a cd because the cover art is cool is over lol. If you hear them first, it definitely sells the album. However, most bands ND included usually have a myspace where you can hear samples for free. Myspace is an excellent way to check bands out.

I've heard it, the album is "hugley" leaked. I have heard lots of people saying positive things about it (swedish people). "The Voice of Failure" is awesome and the solo kicks ass.

I hope i didn't break any rules now. Still waiting for a real copy in my hand. :headbang:

Yeah I think the idea of ever seeing "Twilight Innocence" played live is slim to none anyhow. "Voice of Failure" is a definite possibility though, for sure.

Zach, I certainly don't mind some comparisons to Opeth, they're a fantastic band and I too see some similarities between us even if I find them to be alot more general. The only time we get sour is when people pull the whole "ND is ripping off Opeth" or "they're jumping on the Opeth wagon" or when people get too bent on the comparing and micro-analyzing thing between us. We might fit generally into a similar musical category and we do appeal to alot of the same fans, I've found, but the differences between the two bands are far greater than the similarities, and there's definitely no Opeth-stealing going on here by us. So anyhow don't be worried about mentioning Opeth like you have, we won't kill you. Yet. LOL

Oh and I agree, I think the way an album like "Deliverance" is balanced out is a good example of the kind of mindset we tend to have with our cd's balance as well.

Understand completely. I don't know if you guys have heard Swallow the Sun yet (and if not, shame on each and every one of you!) but it is the same thing with them... i would say your fans and their fans would have a huge overlap just because of the somber tone of the music, but two completely different bands.

Oh, and last thing is that you guys will always win over opeth. Not only do i find the music better, but your fans are FAR less annoying :lol:

Understand completely. I don't know if you guys have heard Swallow the Sun yet (and if not, shame on each and every one of you!) but it is the same thing with them... i would say your fans and their fans would have a huge overlap just because of the somber tone of the music, but two completely different bands.
Agreed. I just got turned on to Swallow the Sun, with their latest CD "Hope". Awesome stuff. Very emotional, Death/Doom with a ton of atmosphere.

Zod

As for "Twilight Innocence", if there's people out there who are going to dislike the song because they think it's "pussified" or some reason such as that, I don't even care.

"Twilight Innocence" is an incredible tune!! If the critics "don't get it", maybe they need to look for another job. You have to evolve and take chances as a musician, you never know what it may bring! The whole album is great, some of the best stuff I've heard for a while!!

Also worth noting, I love, love, love "Twilight Innocence". Just beautiful.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Awesome song!! The whole album is fantastic. Pale Haunt pleasantly suprised me as I had never heard of ND before. This CD continues where that one left off and that is definitely a good thing. Once The End makes it available it will be mine...

Having downloaded a copy, I will take the opportunity to create a good positive buzz for the release.

Well done guys! I have to spin "Twilight Innocence" a few more times tonight...

My first post! :)

I got a copy of this album two days ago and without a doubt I can say this is exactly what I always want to hear. The first song, Rain, totally drove me crazy when I first listened to the album, what a great start! The Novella Reservoir has excellent guitar works, especially in the intro.

About Twilight Innocence, well, as for me, this was beyond my expectation after listening to the first 3 songs. I had to replay this song right after the first listen and wrote down the lyrics of this song. It's beautiful, deep, and surely a highlight of the whole album. Whoever call Paul a "pussy" because of this song deserves a bullet in his stupid head or at least should be kept away from Novembers Doom music for good. The band and the label shouldn't send him the promo copy of new Novembers Doom materials in the future.

Well, right now I have two questions about Twilight Innocence. Is Twilight Innocence a song about father and daughter? Well I'm pretty sure that this is a song about father and daughter but who knows! And what inspired the band to write this song? I know, they look like questions for an interview but I really like the song and can't wait to get to know more about it.

Haven't seen a pre-order of The Novella Reservoir on Amazon yet. But I know I'm going to order the album right when it's available. Along with Hope (Swallow The Sun) and Gothic Kabbalah (Therion), The Novella Reservoir is sure one of my favourite albums of 2007. What a year! I'm going to spend a lot of money haha :D

Well, right now I have two questions about Twilight Innocence. Is Twilight Innocence a song about father and daughter? Well I'm pretty sure that this is a song about father and daughter but who knows! And what inspired the band to write this song? I know, they look like questions for an interview but I really like the song and can't wait to get to know more about it.

I guess you're gonna have to read the book to find out. Question to Paul is the wc book deal going to be available thru Amazon or is that exclusive only thru The End Records?

I guess you're gonna have to read the book to find out. Question to Paul is the wc book deal going to be available thru Amazon or is that exclusive only thru The End Records?

Urm I thought u were married to Paul, cant you just get a free copy? ;)

Haven't seen a pre-order of The Novella Reservoir on Amazon yet. But I know I'm going to order the album right when it's available. Along with Hope (Swallow The Sun) and Gothic Kabbalah (Therion), The Novella Reservoir is sure one of my favourite albums of 2007. What a year! I'm going to spend a lot of money haha :D

You can pre-order Hope from europe through This Link. And the pre-order comes with STS Boxers! Or thong if you're a chick.

My question is, where are the novembers doom boxers?:mad: