WARNING - TNR EARLY COPIES

Question to Paul is the wc book deal going to be available thru Amazon or is that exclusive only thru The End Records?

Initial release will be The End only with the special edition CD, and once that sells out, it will be made available on it's own online. First through the publisher only, then Amazon.com and Barnesandnobel.com. You WILL save money on the book by picking up the special with the CD through The End. The book on it's own will cost around $24 or so. It sounds like a lot, but it's 84 pages, all full color, and packed with images. It will be worth the price.

well i can order 2 if you like marc, but im afraid i dont live near friesland... the book will at first only be for sale through the end, and later maybe amazon, so i doubt you will be able to get it in your bookstore.

if you'd like i can send them to you once i have them though, if you'd pay for shipping. or maybe i can have the end ship the other copy to your address.

maybe not the best idea for you, but if you want the alternative, it's there :)

edit: oh trouwens, je zou ook nu al vast een paypal account kunnen aanmaken en het benodigde bedrag dan gewoon met een overschrijving daar naar toe overmaken, dan kan je The End gewoon met paypal betalen. probleem opgelost :)

I love what I'm hearing about The Voice of Failure, sience my all time favorites are Collapse of the Fallen Throe, For Every Leaf That Falls, Swallowed by the Moon(I know its very sentimental and personal, but its like a great piece of Literature(Dante's Inferno was written during his time in jail, Henry david thoreau), makes you guys true Artists, and it is my favorite song.) Harmony Divine Not the Strong Dark Fields For Brilliance.

I personally feel that sentimental Mexican Soap Opera(im hispanic) song sound in The Dead Leaf Echo. I like how you guys perform soft music like in the dead leaf echo and through a childs eyes, I love those songs.

It's nice to be able to speak to the band members, they're really cool like that. You wont find yourself talking to Till Lindemann at his Website.

I was listening to Reise,Reise the other day and wtf are you guys talking about Autum Reflection being soft? its not a soft song, its harder than any rammstein thing i feel.

well i can order 2 if you like marc, but im afraid i dont live near friesland... the book will at first only be for sale through the end, and later maybe amazon, so i doubt you will be able to get it in your bookstore.

if you'd like i can send them to you once i have them though, if you'd pay for shipping. or maybe i can have the end ship the other copy to your address.

maybe not the best idea for you, but if you want the alternative, it's there :)

edit: oh trouwens, je zou ook nu al vast een paypal account kunnen aanmaken en het benodigde bedrag dan gewoon met een overschrijving daar naar toe overmaken, dan kan je The End gewoon met paypal betalen. probleem opgelost :)

Hé, that's a great idea AnTzOr. I will try to make an paypal-account and if that doesn't work for whatever reason, I would very much appreciate your offer. I will let you know soon, oké? Thanks anyway.:headbang: :)

I write reviews for GASPetc.com, and I was sent a review copy of this disc last week. First thing I did when I got it was throw it in the CD player and put my headphones on. Second thing I did was pick my chin up off the floor as the opening track made me :OMG:

Here is a preview of my forthcoming review, it should be on the website in the next week or so when the new update is done:

Chicago’s Novembers Doom unleashes their sixth full-length release, The Novella Reservoir, courtesy of The End Records. Be prepared for an aural attack that goes from overly brutal doom, to quiet, moody acoustic bits and covers pretty much everything in between. Novembers Doom prefers not to be lumped into any specific category of metal, and it’s for a good reason, as they offer a wide and varying array of sounds here.
“Rain” opens up with brutally heavy riff, and equally brutal vocals. The band perfectly combine monstrously heavy riffs with ringing melodies and superb guttural vocals, then completely switches gears mid-song with a quiet passage, before the heaviness returns to finish off a great opening track.
<snip snip>
Overall an amazing release that I’ll probably be revisiting it when the time comes to make a best of 2007 list this time next year.

Cheers,
-Goz

i've listened a little bit and I must say it's just as I wanted it to be. "Rain" is smashing heavy with stunning growls and "Twilight Innocence" is as emotional as ND ever was. I'm definitely buying my third ND cd when it's out

"Twilight Innocence" seems to be TNR's "Autumn Reflection". :D
The albums seems very good, but I am awaiting the CD to express my opinion.
Novembers Doom is one of the few death metal bands that I really like. :)

Promo copies for "The Novella Reservoir" arrived in the hands of different magazines for review this week, so it's inevitable that people will obtain an early copy online. I spoke with the band about this today. THEY DO NOT SUPPORT DOWNLOADING LEAKED COPIES. Saying that, they also understand there is nothing to be done to stop this from happening, so you are welcome to post your reaction to the music on the forum.

Knowing there will be some excitement for this release, THERE ARE RULES.

You will be BANNED instantly, and permanently from the forum if you do the following...

1. If you post a link to a direct download of the material.
2. If you mention the name of a website or location on where to find the material.
3. If you even hint to where you can find the material.
4. If you brag about downloading a copy early, showing a great disrespect to the band.

If you obtain an early copy, treat it as is you received an official promo copy. Use your head, DO NOT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT DOWNLOADING THE MATERIAL. Feel free to post your reactions to the music, and BUY a copy when it's released.

I have a review copy and not being a fan, I must say that I love this one. I will post the link to the review once it's up on the site I write for.

Sound wise, i believe this is by far bands best album. I really liked "Rain", "The Novella Resorvior", "Twilight Innocence", and "They were left to Die" songs. I believe the band has taken their music to the next level. But if somebody asks me for novembers doom album's recommendation it would still be "To Welcome the Fade". There are some songs that immediately stick in head but album as whole does not, atleast to me. May be in time i will have different opinion. I think songs in TWTF were more emotional, heavy yet melodic both lyrically and composition wise. Seems to me band have decided to take death metal road in their progression journey (although its hard to catagorize which genre the band falls in). Some of the songs (mentioned above) from TNR kinda have TWTF doomish touch which i like the most (may be cause i love doom metal).

Then again its just a personal view of a single person. Thumbs up to the band for producing yet another heavy as hell album.

PS. Paul i really like ur clean vocals in Twilight Innocence and Larry the riff in Rain when vocals starts blew my mind :headbang:

Ok, I just got the email, telling me A copy of TNR is waiting for me on top of my amp. I am pretty stoked, seeing as things have just been going all too well for me in the last few days (And that never happens). I found out that I get the week off because they are not ready for masons till next Monday(sucks cause I need the Cash, But honestly, this is excellent news, as I really need the time to prepare for everything this week) Today I also found out that our new album is done(been waiting for over 4 years) and that I can pick copies of it up at the dups tomorrow. The Pats won Sunday, and we are on the way to MN thursday. The new ND, I will have for practice tonight. There is a god!!!! I can't wait to hear this, but let me assure everyone again, I will be buying the pre order version with the book. I will leave my first thoughts tomorrow. \m/

Sound wise, i believe this is by far bands best album. I really liked "Rain", "The Novella Resorvior", "Twilight Innocence", and "They were left to Die" songs. I believe the band has taken their music to the next level. But if somebody asks me for novembers doom album's recommendation it would still be "To Welcome the Fade". There are some songs that immediately stick in head but album as whole does not, atleast to me. May be in time i will have different opinion. I think songs in TWTF were more emotional, heavy yet melodic both lyrically and composition wise. Seems to me band have decided to take death metal road in their progression journey (although its hard to catagorize which genre the band falls in). Some of the songs (mentioned above) from TNR kinda have TWTF doomish touch which i like the most (may be cause i love doom metal).

Then again its just a personal view of a single person. Thumbs up to the band for producing yet another heavy as hell album.

PS. Paul i really like ur clean vocals in Twilight Innocence and Larry the riff in Rain when vocals starts blew my mind :headbang:

Thanks for the thumbs up. Y'know, I know what you're saying about the difference in emotion and stuff with TWTF as compared to TNR. I realise it might put off some people that we don't have some of the same emotion and vibe throughout anymore on the new material, and the truth is that it's because we had different emotions and vibes going on with ourselves when writing the new cd as opposed to before. If we were to write material just like TWTF now, we'd basically just be following a formula which seems kinda phoney to me (and alot of bands do just that, too). Our feelings during the writing for this new cd was that we wanted to get some aggression out, draw upon our older heavier death metal influences, and just get that out of us. We really try not to follow any sort of map or formula when we write each cd now, and just go with where we're at in the present time....even if it means the new cd is totally different than the last, which might put off some fans, we realise this. Anyhow, the point is, it's nice when we see that people are open-minded to the changes we've had over the years, even if it's different from what they used to love about us. All I can say is, we write honestly and sincerely from where we're at, at that particular time, and you never know what the next cd will sound like. We might go in a totally opposite direction!

Thanks for the thumbs up. Y'know, I know what you're saying about the difference in emotion and stuff with TWTF as compared to TNR. I realise it might put off some people that we don't have some of the same emotion and vibe throughout anymore on the new material, and the truth is that it's because we had different emotions and vibes going on with ourselves when writing the new cd as opposed to before. If we were to write material just like TWTF now, we'd basically just be following a formula which seems kinda phoney to me (and alot of bands do just that, too). Our feelings during the writing for this new cd was that we wanted to get some aggression out, draw upon our older heavier death metal influences, and just get that out of us. We really try not to follow any sort of map or formula when we write each cd now, and just go with where we're at in the present time....even if it means the new cd is totally different than the last, which might put off some fans, we realise this. Anyhow, the point is, it's nice when we see that people are open-minded to the changes we've had over the years, even if it's different from what they used to love about us. All I can say is, we write honestly and sincerely from where we're at, at that particular time, and you never know what the next cd will sound like. We might go in a totally opposite direction!

Yeah i get your point, i think for a band to stand the test of time it is neccesary to change their dynamics with time. But in your case it might be a natural progression :). Music grows with time as people do. Still no way i mentioned i didnt like bands new sound.

Just a thought, i havent heard voice of the Lady (pardom me for not remembering her name) in TPHD and TNR who use to sing in the bands previous albums. Since i take interest in music composition, putting her vocals on some parts of song "Twilight Innocence" would have been interesting. Song though, still is absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

Just a thought, i havent heard voice of the Lady (pardom me for not remembering her name) in TPHD and TNR who use to sing in the bands previous albums. Since i take interest in music composition, putting her vocals on some parts of song "Twilight Innocence" would have been interesting. Song though, still is absolutely beautiful in my opinion.

When we originally had a female vocalist, it was something quite different, and unique. I'm not saying we were the first, we took the idea directly from Celtic Frost, only made her a full time member, but to still do it now? It's so OVERDONE these days, we're past it. I'm not saying you'll never hear female vocals on our music again, but I can tell you, with 100% certainty, they would only ever be used again if WE feel the song, or the moment would be enhanced GREATLY by a female voice. Never again will we force the vocals into a song, JUST to have female vocals on the CD. This is exactly what happened with "To Welcome the Fade." No one in the band other then Eric ever met, OR HEARD this girls voice until she laid down her vocals. We had no idea what melody she was even going to use. We added them in, just to add them, and to me, it's a part of that CD we rushed, and didn't give the time it deserved to make it great.