Watershed vs Ghost Reveries

Watershed or Ghost Reveries

• Watershed

Votes: 121 63.0%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 71 37.0%

• Total voters
But Watershed isn't sunny and happy and frolicking through the tulips with a flower in your mouth either.

Ghost Reveries:

HappyCow.jpg

.. and in comparison to Ghost Reveries, Watershed:

martin_destruction_sodom640x422.jpg

+1 Genius, genius.

Watershed is extremely fucking haunting and I fuckin dig it. :kickass:

I'm fairly sure that is what would be called an opinion, i aint play this. ;)

Anyways, I prefer Watershed to Ghost Reveries.

Still Life > MAYH > BWP = Watershed imo

watershed annoys me at times. GR I can bask in without forwarding through any solos **cough cough** (Fredrik/Heir Apparent)

As Ghost Reveries is one of my favourite albums of all time, I'm voting for it. Watershed is good. I still need to give it a few more listens but I don't see it topping GR in the long run for me.

^^^Bah......you know nothing of what you speak. An opinion is an opinion, but gadangit, that solo owns me. It's nothing super special but I find it fits nicely. I saw him play it live last Friday in Montreal and I was amazed. I still have not heard the studio version yet though.

All these comments about what album is better are so irrelevant. Wait at least half a year until a poll such as this should be replied to.

From what I'm reading, I am expecting a more mellow sounding album, which is fine, cuz I adore Opeth's softer side. As long as 80% of the album sounds haunting and evil and makes you feel like your sitting in an old abandoned 1800's mansion while looking at an evil forest through a window somewhere in Sweden, then I will be happy.

I have only heard the studio version of Porcelain Heart, and I dig it.

cant understand this hate for gr by almost everyone here
maybe when u think of gr u think of atonement and tgc and not of perdition and hounds

cant understand this hate for gr by almost everyone here
maybe when u think of gr u think of atonement and tgc and not of perdition and hounds

Its not to bad of an album

Watershed makes it look really bad though

:Smug:

Agreed it will take a while. I just purchased Watershed SE from JBHiFi. They had it at the front display and all. I've only listened to the album once (yes not all of all gave in) but I must say I'm digging Watershed more than GR. The atmosphere created is phenominal. However, I think Ghost of Perdition is easily the best song of both of the albums.

So now I'll listen for another month and see how it pans. Stay tuned

Now that I've listened to every Opeth album, I can understand why people don't like GR. I loved Atonement the first time I listened to it, and I didn't realize there was so many "electronic" stuff in it. It sounded natural to me, since I've listened to trance for years.

I voted Watershed because that's how I feel, but that's not to mean that I dislike GR! I just think Watershed is a tiny bit better. I would be hard-pressed indeed to name an Opeth release I don't like. Even the ones I don't like as much as others are still very good albums...

I voted Watershed because that's how I peel, but that's not to mean that I dislike GR! I just think Watershed is a tiny bit better. I would be hard-pressed indeed to name an Opeth release I don't like. Even the ones I don't like as much as others are still very good albums...

:kickass:

I think that alot of the votes going to watershed are either from people who didn't give Ghost Reveries much of a chance or who are like "nu all-bumz, yeye." Although I prefer Watershed, and not for eithe rof those reasons.