What are you learning?

Fair 'nuff. Still have a go man, it's not too hard if you really work at it. It's a lot easier though if you get a teacher to get you going on the basics (of techniques and reading). Fingerpicking is great fun, the only annoying part is having to grow and maintain the finger nails on my right hand. :erk: I feel so gay when I sit there filing them. :lol:

what's the best way or exercise to start tapping? so far i've tried that little interlude in bed of razors...it's a five string sweep starting on the 15th fret and then i tap the 19th fret on the 1st string, but i'm not quick enough for that so i'm thinking maybe i should try tapping something else.

with your left hand, put your index finger on the high E string 12th fret, with your ring finger on the same hand, put it on the same string 15th fret, then tap with your index finger on your right hand on the 19th fret, then pull off with your ring finger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxRPQXHp9VA
This man will explain it better.

^ hey thanks for that vid. i found a paul gilbert one like that too, where he was teaching some licks but the tapping was done on the 7th fret i think.

COB - Bed Of Razords solo

I once learned to play this wrong way. Now I try correct my playing. I noticed it's not easy to get rif of the old habits, once you learn something it will stay.

Right now I am trying to get some stuff down on Becker's DVD by ear. Other than that I am still practicing Overture 1928 by Dream Theater.

What intrigues me about Zappa was his live guitar solos, they were all improvised.. No other guitarist can imitate his style, even his son doesn't even come close.

Suicide Chump:

Zoot Allures:

Peaches En Regalia:

On another note, go out and buy Frank Zappa - Apostrophe', you won't regret it.

Last edited by a moderator: