What are you learning?

ZZ Top kicks ass.
Anyway, I have a question related to guitars.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sperzel-6-InLine-Locking-Tuners?sku=361009
What are the deal with these? I might get some when I get my RGA. Do you have to drill anywhere to install them?

In my opinion they are worth it for sure. You might have to do some drilling if the holes from the stock tuners are too small and you may need new mounting screws, but I don't think (someone correct me if I am wrong because I am not 100% on that) there is anything more than that and it is nothing that will be noticeable once the new ones are installed. It's definately something you should have done by a professional if you aren't completely sure what you are doing.

I've been working on The Glass Prison lately. I already knew most of it (including the arps), but memorizing it and being able to play all the parts in succession is the hardest part.

Reactions: progmetaldan
Now that we are on the subject of arps, I only know 3 kinds of arp sweeps, major, minor, and the one where you roll your ring finger. Are there anymore?

The better you know all the rules, the better you know how to break them...

Brilliant chromatic players like Petrucci, MacAlpine, Jarzombek, Eklundh, Broderick etc. would have a enormous knowledge of scales etc. but that doesn't mean they have to follow them precisely... It just means they have more to work with...

But each to their own as they say... :D