What are you learning?

I don't want to be in a prog metal band or an orchestra though. I wanna be in a metal band that rocks hard. It's tough to get a crowd to headbang in 7/8.

Therein lies the challenge! Though if you market your band to a more intelligent fan base, they'll figure it out... :D Haha, you do whatever you want man, but if you get the chance, learning more can only do good things for your playing...

Got Eugene's Trick Bag down... I learned it to work on my speed and arpeggio sweeps. Now I think me and my teacher are gonna do Always With Me, Always With You to work on my tapping... I know it's really easy and Satriani isn't the most interesting player, but it has a nice little tapping part and it's a good song.... I might try to get my teacher to help me learn Symphony X. But I tried Yngwie before and it was way too fucking fast for me, so I dunno if I should attempt Romeo yet.

Reactions: progmetaldan
Got Eugene's Trick Bag down... I learned it to work on my speed and arpeggio sweeps. Now I think me and my teacher are gonna do Always With Me, Always With You to work on my tapping... I know it's really easy and Satriani isn't the most interesting player, but it has a nice little tapping part and it's a good song.... I might try to get my teacher to help me learn Symphony X. But I tried Yngwie before and it was way too fucking fast for me, so I dunno if I should attempt Romeo yet.

Where did you find someone who can actually both play and teach this stuff?

The story goes like this... I was on the bus on the way to where I used to take guitar lessons with some country/blue grass guitarist, and this guy named Bruce Mays saw my guitar and started talking to me. He said he played drums for the Allman Brothers, Clapton, Page and Plant, and some other people. He was taking the bus to some place because he had a D.U.I. He strongly reccomended to me to check out Bluebond Guitars for guitar lessons, so I checked it out and I liked it... It's the rival school of Paul Green's School of Rock, the owners are arch rivals/foes.

Fly Me To The Moon

The more you play it, more you find new ways to express yourself musically. It's fun to play it in different styles.

The story goes like this... I was on the bus on the way to where I used to take guitar lessons with some country/blue grass guitarist, and this guy named Bruce Mays saw my guitar and started talking to me. He said he played drums for the Allman Brothers, Clapton, Page and Plant, and some other people. He was taking the bus to some place because he had a D.U.I. He strongly reccomended to me to check out Bluebond Guitars for guitar lessons, so I checked it out and I liked it... It's the rival school of Paul Green's School of Rock, the owners are arch rivals/foes.

Cool man, I'm having heaps of trouble finding a teacher who can play and teach the instrumental rock/metal stuff... I would love to learn from Chris Broderick, but he lives in the US, so yeah... There's like no teachers here in Adelaide who are into all that stuff, or if there is, I haven't found them yet... :erk:

I'm learning the intro of Out of the Ashes... It sounds fucking crazy. I'm just going to learn the first three measures for today. The first two measures are kind of easy but the third is tricky.

I can't pull off on the high 'e' string without pulling the string off the board. :erk:

Reactions: Anonymous
OBP's covering Pull Me Under at Battle of the Bands this year. Our singer is gonna butcher the vocal part :(